The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What are you using for targets? Car windshields?
[/QU
Ha ha, I was wondering when someone was going to ask me that! What you can’t see is that the driveway curves away. We had plastic water bottles lined up about 50 feet away. Not far, I know, but this was my first time shooting this gun in 45 years. And wow, what a powerful gun it is!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What are you using for targets? Car windshields?
Pardon me but you say you'll be picking the rifle up soon. Then you post a picture of you holding the rifle. Grab a tape measure, measure the length of the rifle and go to a sporting goods store and buy the right sized case.
I totally get it, LMG. I didn't want to transport the rifle wrapped up in a blanket and wasn't sure I would find a case I liked with the short time I have in a small town with limited resources. The blanket scenario didn't seem dignified and any chance of being pulled over for whatever reason from Oregon to California on I-5 would have put me in such a nervous state if the rifle didn't look kosher. Call me paranoid, I'm good with that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't call you paranoid. Respecting a nice piece of heritage is admirable IMO. You shouldn't have any reason to worry about being pulled over. You're doing nothing wrong.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
Can you legally carry a gun wrapped in a blanket in California? Seems like I've read that they have to be locked in a case, which means you couldn't even use a zippered cloth case.

Right?

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Can you legally carry a gun wrapped in a blanket in California? Seems like I've read that they have to be locked in a case, which means you couldn't even use a zippered cloth case.

Right?
Yep, I just told her how it has to be done. Next year it'll probably be "Comrade, your papers please!"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Right?
Oh my gosh, I simply ask about the dimensions of my rifle and I have learned so much from all of you. Finding this forum has been a goldmine for me. Thank you everyone for such great information and respect.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Oh my gosh, I simply ask about the dimensions of my rifle and I have learned so much from all of you. Finding this forum has been a goldmine for me. Thank you everyone for such great information and respect.
And that's how it is here at the TFF. So much knowledge. If you stick around long enough you may even learn how Biden cheated to win this election.:(

·
Deer Stalker
6,174 Posts
So, there is no national gun registration database. It's against our constitution law, the 2nd amendment.
There are background checks, but you don't need one for a rifle or handgun that has been gifted. At least this is true in 46 states, not sure about CA, NY, HI and IL. Those are communist run states so they might have stricter state laws.

And definitely do what Grizz said! Document the SN and probably take a photo of the SN and a couple of the rifle for safe keeping should it ever get stolen.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Commiefornia changed the law that the gifted gun has to be transferred through an FFL at $19? a gun. Knew it was coming, so I signed all my guns over to my son. When I told him, he got a big grin, so I added, only if the coroner says I died from natural causes.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts