Dis-Respecting the flag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Crazyboy23
    (3/5/03 1:59:16 pm)
    Reply Dis-Respecting the flag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I am new here. Have ya'll heard about the girl who turned her back on the flag when the national antheem was sang. She is a senior at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y. When asked why she did this, she said that we were the terrorists, and that Osama-Yo'Mama and his men was just defending them selfs from the biggest terrorist nation on earth US. I say back you $hit and get out!!! Just wanted to hear what ya'll thought about this/

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/03 2:16:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit
    Re: Dis-Respecting the flag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think it's despicable. But I'll defend her right to do it. She bad-mouths the military which provides the freedom she lives under.

She also revived that saying that goes something like, "It'll be a great day when schools get the money they need and the military has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber".

She's a typical misguided college brat who knows nothing of how the real world works. I hope she lives long enough to regret her actions one day.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Predator Ridge
    (3/5/03 2:18:58 pm)
    Reply Re: Dis-Respecting the flag
    "Nobody likes a soldier , until the enemy is at the gate"

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/03 2:21:28 pm)
    All she is doing is proving what a great country she lives in. She has the freedom to disrespect the flag and to voice a protest without fear of reprisal. If she went to many of the Mid-East countries and was disrespectful to their flag, or openly protested their government, she would be dead.

Crazyboy23
    (3/5/03 2:47:29 pm)
    The really bad thing is that the media has showed it so much that there are more people doing it. She was just the first. There are people who believe we should just stand back and wait to get attacked. Well I do believe we were attacked, on Sept 11. They think we should handcuff our Military, then if something bad happens, they say that we did not defend them. Then we start to do something about it and BOOM there mad again. This just seems repetive to me. But, yes I am glad that she has the right to this, and I thank the men, and women who have died to give us this right.

My uncle was a medic in vietnam, he was drafted, he went and served his country, never griped until he came home stepped of the bus, and had dog $hit thrown in his face.
    I hope and pray that it does not come to this.

Predator Ridge
    (3/5/03 3:39:34 pm)
    That is not freedom of speech-=-that is down right treasonous in my book to turn your back on the Flag--same as turning your back on your country. Ask her what country she thinks is better--then send her there and pull her citizenship ( I do not care if she was born here. ) If she says America is the best--then she can stay after about a 3 year term in jail in solitary confinement.I`m so sick and tired of these wimps ,doing as they wish and expect everything given to them and yet they hate the country that has provided thier freedom an way of life.I do not think that anyone that that dislikes their country that much should be allowed any of the priviledges that come with being a citizen.People may disagree with her and others --but defend their right to do so , well I do not---where does it stop ? Does it stop because they say its freespeech to burn a building or to sell country secrets? I`m from the old school--- " America , Love it or leave it. "

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/03 5:57:54 pm)
    does SHEEPLE ring a bell?

It's sickening to see the damn fools parade their "freedom of speech" in the face of those that has fought and will fight for our freedom!

[email protected]

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/03 9:43:24 pm)
    Like the man said...its insulting to any one that ever wore a uniform...But I'll defend her right to do it.

Sometimes as kids we do things or set in motion things that you will later regret the rest of your life. One day she will look back at this situation and weep.

swede
    Wyoming Swede

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/6/03 6:18:38 pm)
    Reply school
    I think it's interesting that the school thinks this is okay. As soon as she puts on a school uniform, she is a representative of that school and agrees to conduct herself in accordance with school policies...and in some sense you forego some of your first amendment rights when you do this. The school has the right to choose its representatives...the fact that the school, which probably receives federal funding, allows this to continue is worse than the girl doing it in the first place.

When the school does nothing when she, with their uniform on, turns her back on the flag it means that the school is turning its back on the flag and they should therefore lose all federal funding, etc. It would be interesting to know how she is paying for her tuition.

Just thinkin' out loud.

Chuck

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/7/03 6:23:02 pm)
    Reply Re: school
    My friggen 2 cents: The flag is THE symbol of the USA. Turn your back on the flag and you turn your back on the USA. What part of that can't ANYBODY understand?

Predator Ridge
    (3/7/03 7:13:13 pm)
    Reply flag
    ibtrukn That was well put---I agree with you.

SouthernPainter
    (3/7/03 7:26:11 pm)
    Reply Re: flag
    If she were in Iraqi, she would be dead! Sadaam kills those who say or do anything against him or his government but yet in her little bitty mind, we are the terrorists!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.