Discussion w/ AIM re: Albanian SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/18/02 7:43:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Discussion w/ AIM re: Albanian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent them 2 different e-mails - no response. Called them today and spoke with Chris. He seemed to be suprised that I was not satisfied with non-matching rifles (Duhh!). He said there were no more rifles available at the sale price. They said they could send me "blank" bolts with no serial numbers on them, otherwise I am screwed. What good is that? Still not matching, and probably wouldn't head space right. He couldn't give me any answer about the other missing parts.

Buyer beware.

I will never buy any of AIM's "Specials" again, and frankly, I seriously doubt I will ever do business with them again. These people are blatant rip off artists, and they will only offer half-assed solutions to the problem.

Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/18/02 8:27:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Discussion w/ AIM re: Albanian SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob, I'll take one or both of those mismatched Albanians off your hands for whatever you've got invested in it. I'd hate to see you stay dissatisfied.

FWIW, I didn't think they advertised the rifles as matching numbered. In fact, I may be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time), but I thought they even had a disclaimer about their specials, saying that they were shooter-grade, possibly mismatched, and no returns.

I missed out on the Albanian sale, and would really like to get my hands on one for that price. Or even anywhere close to it.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Edited by: 1952Sniper at: 11/18/02 8:30:05 pm

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/18/02 8:37:36 pm)
    Their ad specifically stated "Guaranteed matching bolt and receiver numbers" - that is the main reason I ordered them!

Their monthly flyer they send out has the Grade 3 mismatched rifles listed at $159 each - but still, they should have all the parts.

No, this is a blatant misadvertisement, and frankly, I am going to broadcast this everywhere. If it isn't called to their attention, they will just keep pulling this crap.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/19/02 12:35:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Discussion w/ AIM re: Albanian SKS
    Bob,

Besides posting this info in here, please post it in
    our feedback forum also!

Perhaps a few more calls are in order!

Thanks, Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/19/02 1:19:40 am)
    Bob,

If there's one thing I've learned working in customer service the past year.... if you don't get the answer you are looking for, talk to that person's supervisor. If they are no help, go to their supervisor. Remember, get names, dates, and times, it always helps, and usually works. Then again, if nothing helps, dispute the charge with your credit card company

Best of luck with this, and keep us posted!

Evan

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/19/02 4:53:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Discussion w/ AIM re: Albanian SKS
    It's doubtful that the chain of command is of more than
    a handful of folks at a small company such as this, but
    evan is on the money, go through whatever chain of command
    they have, and if you still don't get anywhere, then I also
    suggest that if you paid for it via CC, then pull a charge back and return the items C.O.D. BUT, I also think my suggestion
    in the FB forum should be done too, as it will send a clear
    message to them that many on TFF and other sites are
    aware of this and their reputation should be their first
    priority, as word(via the net)of poor customer service and deceptive advertising can cause a landslide drop in any
    company's life line with a devastating loss of income, i.e.
    "Kaput!"

TFF VMBB Email Tac

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/22/02 10:44:31 am)
    Got an e-mail back from Chris - seems that I was only one out of 6 folks that had problems with the 800+ rifles they shipped. Guess I was a lucky duck. I'll just take the replacement blank bolts and not go for these internet deals anymore.

AIM does offer occasional limited offerings and small lots of collectables, and I have been quite pleased with them up to this point. Hopefully this was just an annomaly, chalk it up as a learning experience.