The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17,505 Posts
Humidity and moisture play more in primers than age , here in Australia 1917 primers are fine , but if they've had moisture get to them (humidity) they be dudes through it , the more the worse the exposure

sealed should be ok

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just as the others have said, it depends on how they were stored. If kept in a cool dry place, 20 years would'nt be a stretch. I see your from escalon, which is in the San Joaquin valley. If they were stored in a dry house( no swamp cooler) and not allowed to get above 90 F they should be fine for years yet.:)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have two rubber seal lid boat boxes (bigger than ammo cans) that I keep my primers in.
I put 4-5 of those small dessicant alum squares in each one, the ones that turn from blue to pink and then you have to bake them in oven to turn them blue again. They change to pink every 6-8 months, which got me to wondering how can this be when it's around 40% humidity & 60 F in my basement all year long? Primers always go bang, but is there any better way for long term storage of primers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.