The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEY! I didn't know they made the Heritage RR in that length. Mine is 6.5 inch. I would have bought the larger one. They DID have the 16", but come on...
I remember seeing a movie a long time ago…before I knew anything about guns…and the guy pulled out one of these ridiculous revolvers.

I thought it was a joke for the movie!

I plan to buy or fashion some kind of forearm wrap, maybe out of leather, that I can rest the barrel on my opposite arm.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
I remember seeing a movie a long time ago…before I knew anything about guns…and the guy pulled out one of these ridiculous revolvers.

I plan to buy or fashion some kind of forearm wrap, maybe out of leather, that I can rest the barrel on my opposite arm.
Perhaps a bipod might be worth taking a look at for barrel support.;)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

I would highly recommend you NOT try to shooting a revolver of any type with your hand or arm in front of the cylinder as the potential for a bullets shaving or the flame from the cylinder gap could or more likely injure your off hand or arm.

As an example from when I used to compete in IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association) which had revolver shooters competing next too other shooters and a 4’x8’ sheet of 3/4” plywood was set up on both sides of the revolver shooters so as to catch any bullet shavings that could injure the shooter next to them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would highly recommend you NOT try to shooting a revolver of any type with your hand or arm in front of the cylinder as the potential for a bullets shaving or the flame from the cylinder gap could or more likely injure your off hand or arm.

As an example from when I used to compete in IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association) which had revolver shooters competing next too other shooters and a 4’x8’ sheet of 3/4” plywood was set up on both sides of the revolver shooters so as to catch any bullet shavings that could injure the shooter next to them.
Thank you.

Heard and understood!

·
Super Moderator
31,591 Posts
When getting a Blackhawk or Uncle Mike's holster, I've discovered that the ones they RECOMMEND for any given model...doesn't always cover the trigger the same as it would for a quality "model-specific" leather holster. Here is my Uberti 4.75" Cattleman in an Uncle Mikes, and a model-specific leather. View attachment 274534 View attachment 274535
That model specific leather is sweet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When getting a Blackhawk or Uncle Mike's holster, I've discovered that the ones they RECOMMEND for any given model...doesn't always cover the trigger the same as it would for a quality "model-specific" leather holster. Here is my Uberti 4.75" Cattleman in an Uncle Mikes, and a model-specific leather. View attachment 274534 View attachment 274535
I’ve been busy today running around town, but I did take a few minutes to check out the site.

Not so easy to navigate! But granted, like I said, only spent a few minutes but couldn’t figure out where to find appropriate leather models.

I’m pretty sure that Heritage’s are going to be a lot cheaper, but when I get home, I’ll fully explore the Blackhawk site.

Gun will arrive anytime between tomorrow and Tuesday.

(Will pick up at my new FFL just a few blocks from me, and hide it from my wife in the under-storage section of my Telluride.)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts