Do you wonder

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by UncleFudd, Oct 12, 2017.

1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

i have watched as many of you as we turn our backs on God. We stop prayers in all but the privacy of our homes. We seemingly approve in denying Him by allowing disgusting, immoral behaviors in our schools.
    Then we wonder where He has gone in the face of the most catastrophic fires and tornadoes and hurricanes and we are out in the cold to face these tradgedies on our own. It seems as though He no longer answers our prayers.
    Perhaps He is trying to tell us something. Are we, or will we listening or paying attention.
    Once again, maybe he is telling us that praying and or seeking him in prayer only when we are in need in NOT enough.
    And yet maybe He is telling us that it's enough and if we desire to go all things alone, then see how this is working for us.
    What will it take for us to realize there is a price to be of His chosen people, living in the greatest, most beautiful, free, nation on earth.
    Just be humble, thank Me for the Blessings you enjoy. Show your appreciation by inviting Me back into your lives and make me a part of everything that you do. As. Result He promises to bring us peace and joy beyond measure.
    Seems like a pretty small request in order once again to have our country back again and recognizable as it used to be.
    We might want to become active in repairing our rift with him and by standing up and being heard when these infanatesible groups work to destroy all that is good around us and allow our schools to brainwash our youth with the filth and degradation we see and hear about daily.
    He WILL keep His promises if we simply obey His simple commands.
    I am not a religious scholar only a humble fellow wondering if anything like what I have said is occurring to others.
    Thank you for this place to ask my question without fear of being demonized.
    UF

jbmid1, BlackEagle, Broot and 4 others like this.
  2. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The US has been a post Christian nation for some time now. It is not by accident. It is what the secular humanists have been working on for decades.

We need a good old fashion revival to turn this thing around. Sadly, the church grows the most when it is persecuted. I'm thinking we are not too far from that point and if it brings revival, then bring on the persecution.

We recently found a new church since the one we had been at for about 15 years decided to go the emergent church route.

We just finished a 12 week intro class that explained why this new to us church believes what it does. It's very conservative and sticks to what the bible teaches. I learned more in those 12 weeks than I have in the last 12 years. There are no pew sitters or Sunday Christians and we like it.

I may post some of the things we learned to see what you guys think.

jbmid1, BlackEagle and Broot like this.

3. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” - 2 Chronicles 7:14

Pray for revival

jbmid1, BlackEagle and One Shot like this.
  4. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

Sadly many of the big organized mainstream churches have moved too far towards political correctness to effective in putting out the true word.

5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well said, UncleFudd.

jbmid1 and Broot like this.
  6. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

I find it amazing to find "like minded" people in, of all places, a firearms forum. People who truly believe in God, family, our nation and doing right every day as well as we can.
    I don't say or praise this lightly, I happen to know and or believe in the folks here and their efforts toward goodness as well as righteousness not only by what is said and done here in this forum, but from face to face meetings and business dealings with folks just like you during the nearly 30 years in the gun and shooting range business.
    I was Blessed to meet and do business and become friends with the most honest, God loving, nation loving helpful and truly caring people remaining on this earth.
    THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THEIR FIREARMS LEGALLY.
    This was shown and proven to me EVERY day of my life during all those years and I have often discussed this with other dealers and gun owners and never once had anyone disagree.
    Perhaps there are other groups who could show some of these traits once in a while. But I doubt that ANY live their lives in these manners without even thinking of what they are doing. It seems to just come naturally to gun owners. It is (what) not (who) we are and it comes as naturally to us as taking the next breath.
    So I also consider myself Blessed and fortunate to have had my parents introduce me to firearms at a very young age. And for them to have taught me safety as well as the values of owning firearms legally and the inherent responsibility in so doing. Naturally then I began to meet other people my age and older who had the same experiences.
    Thanks to all of you and to all the other legal gun owners I have had the privilege to have met and associated all my life.
    My apology ahead for running so long.
    UF

7. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I am and have been all my life, a believer in what Christ declared, Where there're 2 or more who gather in my name and pray, there will I also be. I believe that the natural world in all its beauty is Gods Church. I was a High Priest in the LDS (Mormon) Church. I found in the ward I belonged some of the most hypocritical people I have ever met. Yes there were some who were truly Christians, but more that were back biters, and materialistic in nature. While I am Baptized a Mormon, I am an inactive member and will worship privately with Family and Friends. God has shown me that indeed he does exist and love us. When my daughter was born, she died at birth, God looked on her and said "It is not your time yet, you have much to do in life", then he sent her back to me to nourish and raise her to the beautiful, intelligent, and caring young woman she is today. I raised her as a single father until she was 5 years old. When she was 4 years old I suffered Cardiac Death. God said, "It is not your time yet, you have a child to raise, Protect, and nurture" he then sent me back to her. This is to me proof that God is watching and will not take us until he deems it our time. And that he loves us as his children.