Does anybody know...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 20, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/03 6:38:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Does anybody know...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was logging in my two M38s from AIM and I never have seen this import mark before...

"T6 Knox, TN" (I THINK that is what it says, I'm sure of the Knox, TN. [Knoxville?] but even under a glass can't be sure of the "T6," but it looks the same on both)

Does anybody know who this is?

They did a real good job stamping it, REALLY small, need a magnifying glass to see it at all, and they put it right under the cleaning rod so you really have to look for it, not like IO stamping it half assed all over the chamber!

Plus they assign their own serial #s, really tiny, side of the chamber, just above the wood, again, you can barely see it.

These 38s are pretty nice, shoot like a dream, but with the sights at 100 print higher than a typical 44. They are counterbored about 1", and the bores cleaned up pretty well after firing, even though AIM advertises them as "bores not in new condition".

Anybody who thinks money can buy happiness needs to remember Michael Jackson.

Edited by: polishshooter at: 3/9/03 6:39:57 pm

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/9/03 7:43:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Does anybody know...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could it be Teneese Guns, out of Knoxville. Maybe they changed their stamp. My Yogo 98k re-work from them is stamped
    "Intrac Knox TN 8mm German"

It too is really small, an looks to be done with a computer.

Visit my Antique Rifles Web page
    www.angelfire.com/theforce/mauserman454

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/03 8:43:25 pm)
    That's probably it, I wonder if it's 'TG" and not "T6" I'll have to look again.

Thanks MM454...

All my CRs so far have been Century, IO, Cole, or Aztech stamped...this was a new one one for me.

Do you know if they sell direct like the rest do too?

(Although the "Century" stuff I buy from AIM or SOG is ALWAYS better than any stuff I've ever bought direct from Century, I can't figure out why...)
    Anybody who thinks money can buy happiness needs to remember Michael Jackson.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/9/03 9:05:57 pm)
    It is "TG" for Tennessee Guns. They are solely an importer and not a direct distributor. I believe Cole's gets their guns from TG.

From what I have seen, they import some quality stuff.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/10/03 10:30:18 am)
    That's the same mark I have on both my M44's. I agree; it is very nicely done compared to others.

FWIW, here's a page that lists some of the import stamps. It's not complete by any means (TG is not on there), but it sometimes helps if you see an import mark that you can't identify.

www.northwest-denture.com...marks.html
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!