The Firearms Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
New primed brass should be sized already......
did the package not say??
This is why I don't buy it like that.......
don't know what you have.....
I wanted to double-check from others what you thought. I buy new but mostly once fired brass but in this case, I couldn't find any and lucked out on Fiocchi primed 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, which BTW the ad claimed are manufactured by Lapua. Measured a few and they all checked out OK to go. Bullets are very snug in the mouth freehand. The reason I like to double-check, it would be nice not to lube and then clean off, if recommendable. Time to reload since the snow is not in a hurry to melt and a fresh dose following this weekend. Funny coincidence, the other time I bought new primed brass were Remington 8mm, Mauser, still have some because I made plenty from 30.06 brass, so I kept the new ones. Regards, John

You opened a 9 year old thread and Ozo hasn't been here for quite a while. Hopefully someone will answer your post. A new thread is always nice, and will possible get more answers than a resurrected zombie thread.

I wanted to double-check from others what you thought. I buy new but mostly once fired brass but in this case, I couldn't find any and lucked out on Fiocchi primed 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, which BTW the ad claimed are manufactured by Lapua. Measured a few and they all checked out OK to go. Bullets are very snug in the mouth freehand. The reason I like to double-check, it would be nice not to lube and then clean off, if recommendable. Time to reload since the snow is not in a hurry to melt and a fresh dose following this weekend. Funny coincidence, the other time I bought new primed brass were Remington 8mm, Mauser, still have some because I made plenty from 30.06 brass, so I kept the new ones. Regards, John
I always run new brass through a sizer die. QC at the supplier is done by humans, they could never miss anything. Brass can get damaged during shipping. Blame us truckdrivers.
I size all brass.

Interesting, even though a long dead thread.

The only new brass i have ever bought was 100 rounds of 7-08 unprimed. I have a .260 Rem, hard to find and expensive. So, yes, the new brass was resize before loading.

If I were to ever buy new brass, again; I would resize it before loading.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.