The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
pics aren't working but I looked hard at this gun years ago; thinking of going with the perfect 10 longslide though.

please give us a full range report once you get it, I really want a longslide 10mm on a 1911 platform!

AA

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've wanted a 10mm since the IAI Javelina came out. I love the look of that pistol, and keep an eye out for them always. Can't wait to see the pics gandog!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Whew! She's a big gurl ain't she!

But seriously that's a damn fine 1911! :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
No. It is NOT a 1911 pistol.

An M1911 or M1911A1 pistol is - among other things - in .45 ACP caliber and has an acceptance stamp from the U. S. Government making it government property.

This pistol is based on the John Browning designed falling link design, similar to the Model "O" Colt.

Looks like a pretty nicely executed pistol though.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
what was the damage on that piece? I'm wanting a 10mm for my next 1911 (and the longslide 6" barrel) but can't afford STI's perfect 10

also, who built the gun, was it fusion firearms or someone else?

thanks!!

AA

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
That, is some fine looking weapon. wish it was mine. i even tried the old wish in one hand thing all i got was stinkie hands.

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
sweet, I may give this one some serious thought; I wasn't sure if Fusion would finish them for ya but assumed they would. Good to know. Certainly cheaper than the Perfect 10 !

If you don't turn it in, you get to keep it, choice is yours!

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
No. It is NOT a 1911 pistol.

An M1911 or M1911A1 pistol is - among other things - in .45 ACP caliber and has an acceptance stamp from the U. S. Government making it government property.

This pistol is based on the John Browning designed falling link design, similar to the Model "O" Colt.

Looks like a pretty nicely executed pistol though.
Actually, after the opening of the patent, any M1911A1 pistol made from the same specs is a M1911A1 because even the original parts are interchangeable. That is why there are many of them available from different manufacturers nowadays.

Is this very nice 10 mm and is it a 1911, not exactly, because it is a modified version of the 1911A1 using some of the original standard parts of the 1911A1. It IS, however, a model 1911 in that it is the same basic design, functions the same way and does have some common parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.