DOJ monitoring reloading orders

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by winker, Apr 17, 2009.

1. winker

winker New Member

I have ordered some powder from Cabela's. I got an email saying it was shipped so I went to the UPS website to see the status. For 2 days all it said was "Billing Received". Today the status is "In Transit - Rescheduled".

The only other time I have seen the status stay at "Billing Received" was when DOJ intercepted a legal long gun shipment from myself to myself. They eventually returned it after a bunch of lies from the agent saying he was a UPS employee. He said they where just checking that I wasn't shipping a machine gun. If you want more information on this subject let me know.

My concern is that DOJ is now monitoring all of my reloading orders that go thru UPS. Has anybody else suspected this?

2. 312shooter

312shooter Well-Known Member

I'd say they are just drop shipping straight from the manufacturer. The exact same thing happened to me with an 8lb of varget. some months ago when things started to dry up.

3. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Well, i'm naturally synical about everyone and everything...but i would still bet money on the idea that the gov is doing exactly that. They are BS artists to say the least...

mike
    gn

4. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

That's entirely possible. I ordered a press from Midway, which was on "backorder", but 3 days later I was pleasantly surprised to have received my press, which was shipped directly from Lee.

5. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's happened to me a lot lately no matter what company I order from and not all related to the firearm hobby. The Gov. involved? Any thing's possible I suppose but I also have my doubts.

6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Well just to add some fuel to the fire..... I got my dies in from Lee yesterday. When I picked up the box at the post office I noticed that the brown fiber reinforced tape had been broken open and then resealed with clear packing tape. There was a packing invoice envelope on top of the box over the tape. The last time I got stuff from them that invoice was inside the box. The shipping lable was on the side of the box. When I opened the box the air bags they use for packaging were all deflated and my .30-06 dies were out of the storage box and rattling around in the bottom of the cardboard box. Everything was there but it sure didn't make it to me like the company shipped it. Makes ya wonder.

7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It would be an imperfect system as I just bought powder, primers and bullets from a NH gun shop. In addition they have no way of estimating what we each have in stock or for that matter how many of us there are. Are they trying to find out who we are. Who knows what that bunch of crooks came up with.

8. gunslinger720

gunslinger720 New Member

I Used to repair ups trucks and the thivery I seen while working onsite was amazing. They just ripped open the box and put an as is sticker on it. I told the day foreman but who knows how far that went except splitting it maybe. heck the foreman (nights)was only like 24 and didn't care just let him smoke his sh*# and leave him alone P.S. Idid send a letter to the main office on the truck number and driver number but never heard another word on it again

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009