The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
NCStar is at the very bottom of the optics barrel.

To give this scope a good review can only come from little use or ignorance of what they really are. I work on many scopes, new and old and have seen the inside of these NCStar scopes. No Thank You!

It will fail, they almost always do.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well excuuuuusssssse meeeeeeeeeeee, Hog Hugger, for having an opinion of my very own. From now on instead of expressing mine, I'll simply refer everyone to you. Your majesty.
Just wait till I give some of my future reviews. If you didn't like that one, you ain't seen nothin yet.
Donnie D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Well excuuuuusssssse meeeeeeeeeeee, Hog Hugger, for having an opinion of my very own. From now on instead of expressing mine, I'll simply refer everyone to you. Your majesty.
Just wait till I give some of my future reviews. If you didn't like that one, you ain't seen nothin yet.
Donnie D
What are you saying? Only you can have an opinion.

I can back mine opinion up with fact, NCStar is a very low quality optic. Silicone and hot melt glue is not how a scope should be held together.

When your fails take it apart and have a look around.

When you post a "review" in the future be sure to state that others opinions aren't allowed so you aren't butt hurt. :D:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your opinion is welcome, as is all others. I was giving my opinon of a scope that I own, based on my experience with it thus far. It may fall apart today, it may last 50 years. So far it has met and even exceeded my expectations. Had I spent $1000 would I have a higher quality scope? Of course I would. But I wouldn't still have $900 in my pocket either. Not all of us can allways afford high end equipment. If you don't want this scope, then buy a different one. I give reviews only of items that I own, and I do it to help other make buying decisions.
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that your opinion wasn't welcome. That was not my intention. It just appeared that your comment was a bit snobbish.
Have you ever owned this particular scope?

Donnie D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your opinion is welcome, as is all others. I was giving my opinon of a scope that I own, based on my experience with it thus far. It may fall apart today, it may last 50 years. So far it has met and even exceeded my expectations. Had I spent $1000 would I have a higher quality scope? Of course I would. But I wouldn't still have $900 in my pocket either. Not all of us can allways afford high end equipment. If you don't want this scope, then buy a different one. I give reviews only of items that I own, and I do it to help other make buying decisions.
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that your opinion wasn't welcome. That was not my intention. It just appeared that your comment was a bit snobbish.
Have you ever owned this particular scope?

Donnie D
Thank you Donnie, I learned a lot from your review. IMO the name on the scope doesn't make your rifle accurate. I have some older Redfields, steel Weavers and older Lyman scopes on my BA rifles. I see you are in the Tarheel State. I spent some time in Fayette Ville area - Ft. Bragg- some few years ago. Nice area, and darn nice folks too!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Paul. Yep, NC is a pretty nice place to live. Come on back and visit sometime.

Donnie D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Donnie D So you live in NE,NC oh there some fine hunting around you. Hunted in bertie county a few years back.
All that matters is your scope does what you need of it. I had a very fine longer range hunter made so years ago and being short of money I could not afferd a new "better" scope. I did finally buy one, a nice burris black diamond. Well 15 years later the simmons atec is still on it and still capible of shoot under 2" at 400 yards. Still a great low or no light scope too. Burris is on a shielf in my safe still waiting. Wifes 10/22 custom has a centerpoint 4-16 on it and I have 30mm 6-24 bsa on ine. Both have been great for a few years.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for you comment hardluk. Yeah, some really nice places to shoot and hunt out here in the sticks. I live in Hertford County, but Bertie County is about 30 feet from my property line. I haven't done any hunting in quite a few years, but I'm thinking of starting back bird, rabbit and duck hunting next year. If you're ever in this area, let me know, and we'll do some shooting. My shooters club has a pretty nice range. Costs me 75 bucks a year for me and my wife to be a member. Only other cost to me to shoot is gas and ammo. Can't beat that with a stick. Nice living in the sticks.

By the way, be on the lookout for my future reviews.
On the way:
reflex sight
green laser
spotting scope
CMMG .22 conversion kit for .556/.223 AR15
my AR15
Sig Sauer Mosquito
Browning Buckmark
and much more

Donnie D :D

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I like your reviews and it has nothing to do with the fact that you are a fellow NC man.

I too cannot afford super expensive scopes and tend to go with low end products. Heck I have a BSA on my AR10 and I love it....I shoot at anywhere from 300 to 600 yards with no problem. Yes, a $900 Nikon would be nice, but WAY out of my range.

It will be interesting to hear your take on the CMMG 22. conversion and Browning Buckmark since I have quite a bit of experience with those myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts