The Firearms Forum banner

Donnie D's Taurus Tracker .22LR

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Donnie D 
#1 ·

Thanks for lookin,
Donnie D

#2 ·
Nice pistol and review.

I have the 22mag version, blued. Well sort of...my wife thinks it's hers.

I don't understand why Taurus doesn't make the mount I want in black. They make it in stainless only for some reason. I don't want to remove the rear sight, optic quits, stop shooting. I don't like depending on an optic only even when just plinking plus I like to shoot with or without.

Here's the Taurus mount.
http://www.taurususa.com/accesories-rsbase.cfm

Here it is on Midway, but out of stock. A few reviews on the page though, worth a read.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/782659/taurus-weaver-style-scope-mount-tracker-stainless

It's hard to find, out of stack most places. I found one place so if interested I'll PM the link to you. I want one in black, I guess I could paint it. Better than removing the rear sight, for me anyway.

#4 ·
Yeah, I'm with you on that, really hate to remove the sight. I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks and see if the Weigand comes in. If it doesn't, then I'll see if I can find the Taurus one and either use it as is in stainless or paint it. They are as scarce as hens teeth though.
Donnie D

#5 ·
The page you linked to has them in both. I need to get one of these for my 44. Thanks for the link.
If you order, let us know if the .22 is in stock. If it is, I think I'll go ahead with it. I really don't want to remove the sight.
Donnie D

#6 ·
The page you linked to has them in both. I need to get one of these for my 44. Thanks for the link.
The first link?

It shows some in black but not for the Tracker 22s.

#8 ·
If you order, let us know if the .22 is in stock. If it is, I think I'll go ahead with it. I really don't want to remove the sight.
Donnie D
Check your PM's, sent a link to in stock mounts.

#10 ·
Ordered the Taurus scope mount, got the order confermation. Waited about 5 days and didn't hear anything. Emailed and got an almost immediate response. Apparently the mount was out of stock after all. Folks were real nice, and I think they will be a great online source for stuff. Anyway my Weigand mount came in, so as soon as my red dot gets here, I'll get it all mounted up and give a review.
Still gonna try to get the Taurus mount later as I would like to keep the steel sights on the gun.
Donnie D

#13 ·
Donnie.....I really enjoy your videos.
I am subscribed to your channel.....and
patiently waiting for some more.
I first saw your video on making shoot-n-see
targets by accident.....and it took me a while
to realize it was the same you that is here.
Kudos, Brother.

#14 ·
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I'm gonna make a video today or this week on applying wood veneer to the drawer fronts on the gun cabinet. Maybe I wont mess it up too bad.
Donnie D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.