The Firearms Forum banner

Don't tell my wife....

3K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  cointoss2 
G
#1 ·
polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(6/28/01 9:34:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Don't tell my wife....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I brought my wife home from the hospital today, she went right to sleep, and I had to run back to get her prescriptions filled and this little gunshop with limited hours I always miss was open and....

Yeah, I just had to stop. Likes old military, and Class III. Nice guy, decent prices, except maybe for the one Thompson in the case with a $6500 tag.

Let me hold (caress) some of his personal not for sale collection, an M3 (not A1!) SMG and an M1A1 Thompson.

Had a decent Jungle Carbine at $269, but his AIM M44 was high at $89. Two Norinco SKSs tricked out for $250 and $290. Also got to handle a Norinco 97 riot too...not quite the same feel, maybe the "newness," but for $339 might be worth it to play with to keep some wear and tear off an original....

I'll have to do business there and make friends, maybe someday he'll let me shoot the M3

Didn't have much cash with me so all I could buy today was a Chinese Chest Pouch for an SKS, but I'm definitely going to buy SOMETHING every time I'm there!!!!

Am I a bad husband? Supposed to be nursing my sick wife and I stopped at a gunshop? Scheming to get to fire a Grease Gun? Conscience, O Conscience!!!

Bob In St Louis
(6/28/01 9:49:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Don't tell my wife....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey - you need some stress relief too! I find it very therapeutic.
Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

WyomingSwede
(6/28/01 10:23:43 pm)
I can relate... I weakened one time and bought a little ole .380 MaK cause it fit my hand too well. Gave it to my wife for easter....she was less than amused. Got her a dremel tool one year for christmas...still sits under my reloading bench. Sometimes these things take years and cost thousands of lives....LOL...LOL. Best of luck anyway...she wont find out unless she reads this post. regards swede
Wyoming Swede

polishshooter
(6/28/01 11:31:34 pm)
No, she knows. She was up and sitting on the couch in the family room when I walked in with the prescriptions in one hand and the chest pouch in the other.

"What took you so long, and what's that thing?"

Busted. I just can't lie to that lady.

kdubaz
(6/29/01 12:07:38 am)
At least it wasn't a gun! The cloth ammo pouches can be stuffed up much easier and extract nicely. Imagine if you had to get another brown patina'd shotgun!!!
Keep below the ridgeline!

TallTLynn
(6/29/01 12:18:56 am)
Your a good husband polish - but it is hard to pass up a chance to check a place out that you don't normally get to.

the real fredneck
(6/29/01 8:24:26 am)
polishshooter
you could have put the prescriptions in the ammo pouch

cointoss 2
(6/29/01 1:19:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Don't tell my wife....
Polish you could have forgotten the perscription and that could have been serious but since you were on a duel mission, Perscription for the sick and as an emmissary for gun rights, you deserve a commendation.
cointoss2

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.