The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I don' t come up here a lot but was hoping you guys could help me out a little. I got this old double barrel pistol from my grandfather after he passed away and really don't know much about it. The only markings I could find is a big B on the right side and 3 identical markings one on each barrel and one on the receiver that looks kind of like the letters cba then a marking of a bird or something. Looks almost to good to be real old I know its at least 25, but I have no clue and would like to know a little more about it if you guys know anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF.

Don't recognize those marks and it has a modern look.

What's the function of that brass knob under the barrels?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry thought I posed one of the whole gun where you could see the bottom but anyways there are two of those knobs and they have holes through the center so I am kind of thinking they are there to hold a missing ramrod perhaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Sorry thought I posed one of the whole gun where you could see the bottom but anyways there are two of those knobs and they have holes through the center so I am kind of thinking they are there to hold a missing ramrod perhaps.
Yes, I see now. But I still feel it's a 20th century product.

Except for the round barrels, it looks exactly like #70 in this 1911 German catalog:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Even though it's a 20th century product, it is still an interesting piece to have in a collection. I'll bet it would be great fun to shoot too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts