Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

double barrel cartridge pistol... what is it??

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Remington442, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Remington442

Remington442 New Member

I recently found this double barrel, double hammer,double trigered pistol. It appears quite old. It was nickel at one time. marked ''ACERO FRAGUADO'' spanish for forged steel. Anyone know what it is? When it was made. Its value?

Attached Files:

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I do know these types of pistols were very popular in South America in .320 caliber.

3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I saw one, once, that was chambered for "44 shot". Actually 44/40 shot cartridge, the precursor to the 410. A 410 fit, so they fired it. Both barrels at once, I believe. Then he went to the ER to have his hand fixed.

4. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

At one time Spain had a large cottage industry of gun makers. The Spanish gun trade was able to produce almost anything. The quality was usualy ok but not grate. Some guns were of extremely high quality. Your pistola most likely dates from around 1880 to 1914. They chambered pistols like this for a wide range of cartriges. .32 Short Cort, 8mm French revolver, 7.62Russian, .32 acp, .38 S&W, .44 Nagant, you name it the Spanish gun trade would make a gun to shoot it.