The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I purchased a DPMS Oracle for a gift for someone and it doesn't come with sights. I'd like to make sure I have a follow up gift of some sights or a quadrail the sights can be mounted to. Here's my dilemma: 1. The high profile gas block has a rail on it but it's still lower than the rail on the upper. Are there good sights I can purchase that will work with this setup? 2. I have Magpul flip up sights on my AR which I'd also just as soon put on this one. Is there a quadrail system any of you know of that would work by fitting around/incorporating the high profile gas block? Or am I stuck with a 7" quadrail until I can switch the gas block to a low profile? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks gdmoody. I saw some stuff like this on Amazon but I didn't know if what I was seeing was good quality or not.

·
TFFWPP President
13,735 Posts
When I had mine I swapped to a low block and 12" quad rail tube. Then a scope on top with offset sights to the side. I got all th stuff from eBay. Scope was nice for distance and offset sights for low light or close up

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I have the dpms. Bought the quad rail. It's the 7071-T6 material I think. Got it at Cabelas. It doesn't need any screws and it's solid. Pop out the plastic dpms and pop in the new rail. I don't use the step down rail you mentioned. I'm not sure why they did that. I never called to find out why. I use optics on mine. If you get the quad rail, pick up the ergo grips. They cover the sharp picatinny edges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts