Dunham’s......Yeah,,,!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Slowalkintexan, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Slowalkintexan

Slowalkintexan Active Member

I shop there often, because they give discount coupons,, I only buy ammo.
    The other day I wanted to look at a Remington R51, young lady, early 20’s asked for my driver license first, she placed in on the shelf where we could both see it. Then got the gun which had a trigger lock...I said “probably can’t take that off can you?” With a sad smile,,”nope, I’m not allowed too”. No reason to argue with her, she’s just following rules. However, what is the point,,,?? How can one try the racking, or trigger, or magazine or anything,,,????

Broot, Ksman75, Old Ron and 2 others like this.
  2. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Find a different shop that doesn't mind you "kicking the tires"?

Broot, Old Ron, joe45c and 2 others like this.

3. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

You should have told her you just wanted to look at, not drive it. What on earth does your driver liscense have to do with looking at a firearm? I would have turned around and walked out.

Old Ron and joe45c like this.
  4. Slowalkintexan

There isn’t another shop that has one in stock
    In Michigan a DL is required, And why would I want to hurt her feelings by walking out? No gain for anyone. Much better to be nice, because I found out today, if I go in when the manager is on duty, he can remove the trigger lock for me.

Broot, Ksman75, Old Ron and 1 other person like this.
  5. tedwitt

tedwitt Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's why.

Old Ron and Slowalkintexan like this.
  6. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Bass Pro Shop about 40 miles from me has trigger locks on all the guns and they will not remove them to allow you to try the action or trigger. Store policy. Even here in CA most stores let you work the actions and dry fire. But not Bass Pro.

Old Ron and joe45c like this.
  7. Slowalkintexan

Went back yesterday,,,the manager took the trigger lock off,,,,no problem...Told him he didn’t need to apologize for the young lady,,, she was doing her job and following rules. He offered an incredible discount on the gun,,, less than buying online and paying shipping and transfer fees. Also 20% discount on ammo for a year. Had a nice conversation with him,, he offered to special order anything I want.
    Dunham’s is at the top of my list,,, convenient, good service. Good prices,,,

Iron Eagle, Broot, Conman and 5 others like this.
  8. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

I can see if you walked in there wearing a Muzzy Towel Head outfit, and spouting your support for Terrorist groups all over the world why they would want to hold your driver licence and not take off the trigger lock. But to me normal looking people shouldn't have to surrender their licence for just looking at a firearm.;)

Ksman75 and Old Ron like this.
  9. helenrich

helenrich New Member

All states have different laws.

10. Conman

Conman Well-Known Member

AND, every store has different LAWYERS who is responsible for CYA's.............mostly dumb!!

Broot likes this.
  11. 2fish

2fish Well-Known Member

I like Dunhams and purchase quite a bit there. They price match almost anyone and offer a 30 day lay-a-way, really works well for me. They always want possession of my license while I hold their firearms, they will remove the trigger locks if requested.

Slowalkintexan likes this.
  12. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

Our local Dunham's is great about discounts, matching prices, and returns. I try to give them business when I can. I saw a dusty Winchester range scope on top of a shelf one day, pointed it out to the manager, and asked what his bottom price was. He pulled it down and said "I'll give you 40% off the ticket price". I bought it!

Slowalkintexan likes this.