The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of someone who is good with applying and patterning duracoat to guns? preferably someone in texas. DFW area, San Antonio area, or Abilene area would be best. i am considering a couple options for my AR-15, my Remington 870, and something for a glock for the lady.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jla, i havent done a whole lot of research on the topic so please forgive my ignorance, but if you have a firearm that already has some rust, would putting duracoat or cerakote on it prevent further rust? (for example: my Remington 870 was in its case in the back seat of my buddy's truck. we had a real bad rain storm and it messed up the seal around his window. so the back seat of his truck [including my gun in its soft case] got wet. there is a good bit of rust [a lot, but not bad, if that makes sense] on the receiver and on part of the barrel.) would coating it help? i know it is supposed to prevent rust and other things in the first place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.