E Z Way

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

ruffitt
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/24/02 9:45:12 am)
    | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    E Z Way
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quick Tip - E Z Way.

You folks all know that I like to have fun with my computer now and then (ha ha). Well, I've found a way to make it even easier.

I've been doing this for some time and have been going to let everyone know about it, but never had the "opportunity" to do it until now. I do not know how this works with other e-mail programs, but it is a snap with Outlook Express. I imagine it would work with any e-mail program that has a self contained spell checker. Anyway, here goes:

An E Z spell checker. After I have completed typing a post, or a reply to a post, I highlight all the text I want to paste by scrolling over it with the left mouse button held down, then doing a right click and selecting the "copy" option that pops up in the box. I then open a "new message" window in my outlook express where I paste (right mouse click select paste, them left mouse click again) the post I just copied Now that I have my post in my e-mail program, I just click on the spell check function in the program. The program does its thing and in just seconds it is finished.

If there are any corrections made while spell checking, simply copy the ENTIRE article from your e-mail program, then MINIMIZE (not close) your e-mail program. You are now back at your original post/reply in a forum. The post/reply you are working will be highlighted. If you have made corrections to your post while in your e-mail program, all you need do is hit the "Delete" button to make it disappear. Then do a right mouse click and the corrected version of the post will be put in the post/reply.

One of the reasons for MINIMIZING rather than closing out of the e-mail program window is in case something goes wrong with the cut & paste procedure, you still have access to it in the minimized window, and can accomplish another cut & paste procedure. I usually keep the spell checked post minimized until the post/reply has been completed on the forum where I placed it and have actually read it in that forum.

I know this sounds like a long drawn out procedure, but actually it is not, and guarantee you it is a LOT faster than any spell check program available on any of the forums.
    RuffItt

Edited by: ruffitt at: 1/24/02 9:45:46 am

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/24/02 9:52:10 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: E Z Way
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like a plan to me. I will have to start using it. I save articles I want the same way. Cut and paste to email then send it to myself to print out.

ruffitt
    (1/25/02 5:04:47 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: E Z Way
    ditto
    RuffItt

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/25/02 6:12:35 pm)
    U doan lik th way i spel?? well, as they say in south russia, "tuff shittski y'all"

aint dat rite Sharlie??

ruffitt
    (1/25/02 6:44:58 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Din't ritefully care how anyboddy seplz ther wurdz. But onct in a while ther comes an occasion where the spellin's gotta be rite. An this spel checker process don't jus werk here, ya can use it anywherz on the net.
    Jest a quicker way, for thoz peoplz who use a spel checker, to do their checkin'.
    RuffItt

BlackGun
    (1/25/02 8:28:56 pm)
    Could ya'll spell that out for me?
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/25/02 10:18:42 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

gun runner john
    (1/26/02 10:22:05 am)
    I have a little application called Check-It that checks the spelling of the stuff on the clipboard. I just copy the message to the clipboard and invoke the program. When it's done, I just paste back into the highlighted message. It's quick, and only a few keystrokes.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/26/02 11:38:47 am)
    i thing spiel Czech are grate. i ewes it awl the thyme!

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/26/02 4:26:16 pm)
    And it shows.I wish I had one, so I could spell as good as you.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/27/02 12:23:38 am)
    I thot ther wuz jus wun "l" in tha werd "spelun" --- past tents..
    Charlie D
    Doncha jus uz wun "l"
    while yer
    duin it?*

* Speshali ifn yu "run" jus wun gun ata tiem.....

Edited by: Different name at: 1/27/02 12:27:48 am

ruffitt
    (1/27/02 7:19:30 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.

To rite with care is quite a feet
    Of witch won should be proud.
    And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
    Sew flaws are knot aloud.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect in it's weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.

RuffItt

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/27/02 9:27:32 am)
    Ruffit -

Dang, that was GOOD!

I had ta sit and think a bit just ta come up with my one line! I must say, I am impressed.

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/27/02 10:58:19 am)
    I cannot get any response from Campbells. I want a spell checker with my alphabet soup but the will not return my emails!