EAA Windicater 357

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mr. Al, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Mr. Al

Mr. Al New Member

Found this on a web site. I never heard of this gun they said it was out for some time, its a snub all steel gun, 6 shot revolver made in Germany sells around $300 does anyone have one I would like to hear what you think.

2. Mr. Don

Mr. Don Well-Known Member

I had a stainless snub nose. Solid pistol. I traded it in on my GP100. I wish now that I had kept it.
    Ran flawlessly all the time.

3. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I've got one in .38SPL. Had a problem with the crane screw backing out, dab of locktite took care of that. I'd rate it "OK", nothing spectacular and you should be able to beat that price if you shop around. I paid $225 new for this one, off ********* even.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2017
  4. FRED J. WAHL

FRED J. WAHL Active Member

I read an evaluation article on those, a while back, they were listed at a higher price than those quoted, but if memory serves the write-up was generally good. Will see if I till have the article.
    Fred (Honcho)

5. georgerc

georgerc Well-Known Member

I have one, bought it used thou hardly, ran fine at first, than shortly it started acting up, the action was binding, and than I noticed sometimes after firing, the cylinder had come unlocked, and backed up in reverse some, accuracy suck now, it was dead on at first, I read that it's actually quite common, the hey shoot themselves out of time, I looked into it and did not find much else to go by, a web search mostly found your average Joe that just bought one and a couple with issues, not much to go by.
    First indication was when I bought some lead ammo, fouled it up pretty bad, did ok on jacket, but I read that may have a lot to do with the timing issues, some swear by those revolvers, I like it myself, it's heavy, fitts me well, but usually those great reviews are from someone that did not have it long, or shot it enough,
    Id like to fix mine when I get a chance to tinker, maybe u just got one of the lemons, I was about to get another one, maybe a 4 inch in stainless, Im holding out for now, hope this helps

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  6. WillieB

WillieB Active Member

I've been looking close at these. Been contemplating trading in my current carry for one. Really want to try it out first though.

7. georgerc

georgerc Well-Known Member

I had a chance to take mine apart, I can't see where it's binding, cleaned it up best I could and put it back together, I have carried it a lot in the woods, running machinery, thought I may have gotten some dirt in just the right place, seems not or I missed it.
    I had some Winchester white box ammo left over from the first time I shot it, so I took it out, and it was very accurate, just like I remembered it to be, however it did bind some, not as bad but something is still off.
    O read of the same complaint here and there and it did not seem like the owner beat it up as I did, one in particular was new.
    Guess I'll take it apart again, for some reason I can cycle it endlessly, even with spent shells without a glitch, but from the recoil, every now and again something binds.
    May be just a few of them, I came across far more good reviews in search for a solution, thou most were unboxing YouTube videos not so much a torture test

8. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

My crane screw had backed out slightly and did that same thing.