The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
It must not have taken the world by storm; I have never seen one, even in pictures. The idea is much the same as the "filler" square butt grips, but it looks far less comfortable, though rather "scary". The screws would also mar the grip of the revolver, and I don't recall seeing any revolvers with signs that such a device was installed.

Jim

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
There was a fellow who posted a lot of pictures of his grandfather's .32 on one of the gun forums. It was equipped with one of these, or something very similar.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The grips would have to be drilled and taped for the screws, other wise it appears it would have a bottom " wobble ", there,s nothing to keep it stable and centered other wise. I wonder if it was H&Rs answer to Iver Johnson's " knuckle duster "? The downward pull of the bottom screw would pull the 'frame of the grip adapter' tight against the grips but it would still see-saw. The back screw wouldn't prevent that unless it was taped. NOTE: After looking at the ad again, I realize it probably was held on by friction of only the two screws

1 - 6 of 6 Posts