The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I've seen a few threads about S&W K-22's but the numbers seem much higher than what is on the gun that I have. On the butt stock the number is K 10419 and when I rotate the cylinder out on the neck there is another number that appears to be K0 with a 7 that is slightly above and to the right of it and a number below it that says 26969.

I am going to take some pictures and post them shortly, but I was wondering if you all could help give me a little more info about when it was made and what it may be worth in what I would say is good condition.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Serial numbers in 1947 went from K615 through K18731, the other numbers are various S&W assembly numbers and mean nothing to the average person.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The K22 Masterpiece became the Model 17, and the K22 Combat Masterpiece became the Model 18.
The S&W Standard Catalog can give you dates of mfg by ser# and model.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Absolute Zero,

Nice S&W K22 Masterpiece SN'ed K10419 you have there. It is a highly regarded .22 revolver.

I purchased a S&W K22 Masterpiece from an older gentleman that bought it new on January 20, 1948 for $65.00. I have his original store receipt. It has serial number K 13228 so I suspect your gun would be just a few months to a year older.

Judging condition from the one picture you have posted, I would value your K22 at around $500 +/-.

And as RJay wrote, those other numbers are assembly numbers.

Resist the urge to have it re-blued or changed in any way. They are worth more when they are original and not monkeyed with.

Hope this helps.

Jolly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts