The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Made 1931 to 1990, approximately 40,000 produced. Winchester didn't build them in serial number order, so there's no way to know exactly what year they were actually made. Cody has the records of when each individual gun was "finished" and shipped.
Values are hard to determine, because of all the special order features. My best wag on that one would be between $4-$5K, but deduct 30% for double triggers and extractor.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made 1931 to 1990, approximately 40,000 produced. Winchester didn't build them in serial number order, so there's no way to know exactly what year they were actually made. Cody has the records of when each individual gun was "finished" and shipped.
Values are hard to determine, because of all the special order features. My best wag on that one would be between $4-$5K, but deduct 30% for double triggers and extractor.
$4K makes sense to me, with $5 being a bit high. However, for someone like me who cares more about having than shooting, the two triggers and the extractors are a plus as they increase the vintage feel.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
It's a 21, I would ignore the 30% deduction, it will probably make more money in the next 10yrs than most stocks and bonds will. If you don't already have one, I would advise getting a Cody letter on it. The increase in value that adds, is more that the cost of the letter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts