The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had fun this easter just doing some casual shooting, sighting in the muzzleloader patterning the shotgun for spring turkey on the 14th. All in all it was a good even found the first bullet I fired from the muzzleloader. The scope was way off ,aiming at the fragile sticker I missed the 4'x36" target completely at 50yards. All shots in the pictures were taken at this distance. As you will see I quickly walked in the scope
still need some fine tuning but the close up pick is 3 bullets 1 sabot and 2 of my cast minie ball.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The duck target with out big holes is where I patterned my gun with the turkey choke, thats 2 shots at 50 yards both 2 3/4 Federal one #4 shot and one #7.5 shot. eitherway that Turkey will be a gonner inside 50

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a Thompson Center 240gr Cheap Shot sabot, fired over 100gr by volume Pyrodex RS at 50 yds after passing through the 2 inch thick cardboard target it impacted the ground about 20ft behind the target made about a 16 in groove and was recovered an inch deep down and traveled about 4inches horizontal under ground. That's just darn impressive to me.

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
Why do girls do that? Just about all of them do. I have a theory.

Girls generally have less upper body strength than boys, so it is easier for them to bend their back backwards, than it is for them to lift their arms up when they're holding a weight.

I would frequently tell my daughter to stand up. I was at the range one day, and this guy came in with his maybe 14 year old daughter. Had a new gun and asked if I could come out on the range and correct them if they were doing anything wrong.

I was standing on their left, and the girl went to fire, and when she assumed that firing position I reacted without even thinking. I reached out with both hands, put my left hand on her belly and my right hand between her shoulder blades and pushed. "Stand up straight."

And surprisingly, neither one took offense. If I had thought about it I would not have done it. If somebody had reached out and laid hands on my daughter or granddaughter like that I would have backhanded him.

Just a reflex. She was standing wrong and I corrected her.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Girls generally have less upper body strength than boys, so it is easier for them to bend their back backwards, than it is for them to lift their arms up when they're holding a weight.

I would frequently tell my daughter to stand up. I was at the range one day, and this guy came in with his maybe 14 year old daughter. Had a new gun and asked if I could come out on the range and correct them if they were doing anything wrong.

I was standing on their left, and the girl went to fire, and when she assumed that firing position I reacted without even thinking. I reached out with both hands, put my left hand on her belly and my right hand between her shoulder blades and pushed. "Stand up straight."

And surprisingly, neither one took offense. If I had thought about it I would not have done it. If somebody had reached out and laid hands on my daughter or granddaughter like that I would have backhanded him.

She has scoliosis, it's more comfortable for her to shoot like that.

·
Super Moderator
41,317 Posts

When my daughter was visiting from Hawaii last month, we went to the range. She stood the exact same way until I told her "stick your chest out and suck that belly in and stand up straight." And you are right, every one of them that I have ever seen, stand that way.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Oooh, nice bear trap grousesassin!!

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You held out till the end on 8 track. Pat Benatar well past the wide acceptance and dominance of the cassette. ;)
My truck is still cassette, somewhere in my garage is an 8 track player my father n law rest his soul took it out of his old car before he junked it because it still works...lol

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Good Post, Good times!
Not trying to hijack here but I have to ask. Did you recently purchase that table? It looks pretty sturdy as you have some weight on it and you even used it for a shooting bench. I am in the market for a table that hopefully won't be too expensive. I may need it at the TFF BBQ this Fall to do with it exactly what you used it for.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
When my daughter was visiting from Hawaii last month, we went to the range. She stood the exact same way until I told her "stick your chest out and suck that belly in and stand up straight." And you are right, every one of them that I have ever seen, stand that way.
I’ve seen a lot of new firearms shooters stand like that, both male and female. I believe it’s more of subconscious reaction to the firearms report that intimidates them and trying move the firearm as far away from them as possible.

When I was in my teens and taught marksmanship, in my classes, that was one of the first lessons taught was proper stance. This particular instructor Mr. Shultz, would push the back the students shoulder forwards and while pulling on the back of the students belt, and he wasn’t gentle about it. I still remember Mr. Shultz. If you couldn’t follow his lessons to the T, he would holler, “Dummkopf. You shoot beknackt. Go pick daisy’s”.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good Post, Good times!
Not trying to hijack here but I have to ask. Did you recently purchase that table? It looks pretty sturdy as you have some weight on it and you even used it for a shooting bench. I am in the market for a table that hopefully won't be too expensive. I may need it at the TFF BBQ this Fall to do with it exactly what you used it for.
bought it last summer cant remember where either dollar general or wally world. it folds in half and sets up and takes down easy. yeah ive had alot of weight on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts