The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will soon be the Easter season and you will need to stock up on your favorite targets. Don't be left wanting when the panic buying starts. Get your Peeps now.

Sorry, but I am so depressed with what is going on or not going on in Washington that I just needed a little levity.

Attachments

· Registered
921 Posts
Hey Todd,
You'll be glad to know I've already shot my limit of peeps for the season. We bought a bunch for our last mancation, and while sitting around smoking cigars we would blast them with bb guns. Always a good time!

BTW I had to wipe my chin after seeing the 22 ammo! Everyone's still out of stock here in AZ.

· Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary those .22s are part of some stock I and some of the other Old Guys purchased last Spring when our local gun shop got in several pallet loads of both HV and SV. The note from CCI stated that we could expect 2.0% loss in accuracy. That caused us to laugh as we would never know the difference the way we shoot. So we loaded up on a bunch. I now wish I had bought a lot more.

Jack, if they are not fresh you just poke a hole but if they are new soft and fresh they will blow apart. A .17 HMR will disintegrate them. Here is another suggestion for cheap reactive targets. Just supper glue some paint balls to some cardboard. They can get a little messy but no doubt if you get a hit.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gene, most of the live game stays away when we are shooting but we have adopted some little chip monks that will run out and grab the pumpkin seeds when we decide to blow up some punkins each fall. They are not bothered by the shooting it seems. But all the Old Guys seem it have gotten soft hearted in their old age, ha. Bugs though are a different story. Here is a one shot-one kill on a Daddy Long Legs. Guess that qualifies as a reactive target.

Attachments

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Gene, most of the live game stays away when we are shooting but we have adopted some little chip monks that will run out and grab the pumpkin seeds when we decide to blow up some punkins each fall. They are not bothered by the shooting it seems. But all the Old Guys seem it have gotten soft hearted in their old age, ha. Bugs though are a different story. Here is a one shot-one kill on a Daddy Long Legs. Guess that qualifies as a reactive target.
Whoa! Good shot! :):)

· Premium Member
3,850 Posts
wife bought about 30 packages of peeps for my shooting this weekend..but she put the bags with them on the bed, figuring I would find them and be suprised...WELL I was!!!! our 2 dogs sneaked past her and by the time I got home today there wasnt a Peep left in the house..but we now have 2 very hyper doggies!! too bad the Family Dollar is now sold out!!

· Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep Hunter I am afraid we are going to find the shelves bare even though the factory is working over time. I expect to see people waiting on the doors to open so they can rush in and buy. There is a rumor running around that BHO has government agents purchasing all the Peeps they can find to use in the White House Eater Egg Hunt. Homeland Security is stocking up to use them as targets with all the new ammo supplies they have acquired. It is just a mess out there.

· Registered
5,963 Posts
Nice targets and some fine shooting on Mr. Granddaddy Long Legs!
I love it when your looking tru the scope, fixed on your target and a fly or some
other insect feels the urge to land on the target!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.