The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother in law has this shotgun that he is looking for information on. sorry for the quality of the pictures this is what he sent me. thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Eastern Arms is a trade name used by Iver Johnson on shotguns and other firearms made for Sears & Roebuck of Chicago in the 20'30's. There is a term used for these guns, and that is, "Hardware Gun." Made by a major mfg for a hardware store, and individual or a special distributor.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
IAW Mr. Bill Goforth's research Iver Johnson only allowed Sears to sell their firearms for one year back around 1910. The other Markers for Eastern were Meridan, Stevens and Crescent. Almost all of the Eastern arms shotguns I have seen were Stevens. One way to check. Go to Numrich Gun Parts Corp, pull up the Stevens Model 94 and compare. I betcha it is a match. Age is as stated, exact age, well, there isn't any serial number list for these old Stevens and the odds are, being a Stevens is doesn't have a Serial number ( at that time serial numbers were not required on long arms and Stevens did not apply one to their low end guns ). Value is as a utility firearm as there is very low collector interest in the old single barrel " Trade Name " shotguns unless they are in almost new condition. Value as shown , between fifty and a hundred dollars. If any one has more current info or or newer info on value, please chime in. Hope that helps:)

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
The pictures are awfully grainy - you must have taken them with a phone. Better photos would enable us to establish a likely value better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.