Ed "To Tall" Freeman

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by satellite66, Apr 15, 2009.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Thank God for men like this. I know it is old but I just saw it and it bears remembering.

RIP Ed

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Thanks for posting that. We're losing WWII Vets faster and faster. It sucks to lose Veterans of more recent conflicts as well.

I wanted to be a pilot when I was younger, but my height was one of several things preventing this (I'm 6'6").

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver Active Member

I was happy that they gave him his CMH before his death. All the Ia Drang guys are truly incredible people. I had the honor of meeting Ed with Hal Moore, Joe Galloway and Sgt. Mjr. Plumley at an Ia Drang Reunion in D.C. a few years ago. They meet and go to the Wall each Veterans Day. There's not many of them left now. What a bunch of real American heros!

I just finished reading a follow-up book to "We were Soldiers" by Hal Moore and Joe Galloway called "We Are Soldiers Still". It's really a good read.