The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any feedback on the following. I have carried a concealed weapon since I was 25, both as a LEO and a civilian. I think back on the weapons I've carried over the years and somehow it relates to my age. Initially I carried a Mod 60, 2.5 inch as my off-duty and concealed along with my Mod 66 4" service weapon. Around 1981, due to a terrible incident at a local diner, myself and 8 other LEOs all bought Beretta 84B's due to the higher capacity. With a lot of hand-to-hand training (no I am not a martial artist, just knew some terrific street techniques) I knew that in many incidents, I could use non-lethal hand to hand techniques to deal with an unarmed threat. Now at the age of 71, I am painfully aware that whatever my hand to hand techniques were, they are history now. Based on the high crime rate in S. Florida, I carry either my S&W PF 1911 in .45ACP, 230 gn +P HP. or my 3" Lou Horton K-Comp in .357 magnum, 125 gn HP. It seems the older I get, the more I realize my limitations and adjust my EDC's caliber to compensate. I feel that I don't want any smaller a caliber, one shot stopping (maybe2 or 3) and all. At least my definition of "disparity of Force" has shifted strongly to my favor. So, how many members of our community have adjusted their EDC and carry method to compensate for ongoing physical limitations?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts