The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know I may be a little late, but will give my two cents worth. I have been collecting Japanese swords for about twenty years but, that doesn`t make me a expert. If this were my sword I would find a honest dealer in swords that can translate the writeing on the tang, if any. Just because a tang has writeing on it does not make it a good sword. Many signatures were forged (faked) to get a higher price out of it. Quite often a sword will not have any characters on the tang and be a very high grade and important piece. The main thing to look at is the quality of the blade. That can be a science in itself. Chances are you have a partial machine made sword with a oil (not water) temper. If you could send some pics I may be able to tell what you have. No guarentees, but will try. Your sword may be worth anywhere from absoultly nothing to priceless.:) :p:) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Almost forgot, I see someone has mentioned that some Vets have given swords back to people in Japan. DON`T DO IT! Those people started the war, not us. I don`t care if Tojo owned a sword, his family doesn`t deserve to get it back. Think of all the servicemen who gave their lives to win the war, then give back the agressors their weapons.I think not! Besides, the Japs cannot own any weapon because they are not stable enough to be trusted anymore. Their gov`t took care of that. They cannot own any firearms and all swords have to be registered if, they are of National importance and the average WWII sword usually does not qualify for that. So, if anyone has any WWII Japanese items keep them or sell them to a U.S. collector.:) :) :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.