The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If that be the case I’m getting more efficient. For Christmas my sons bought me a Guide Gear Receiver Hitch Swivel Hoist. I’ve finally put it together, except for the cable on the hoist. (Can’t figure out how to attach it) but am going to one of my sons home today to figure it out.
The reason I asked for it was I can no longer pick up anything heavy (not that the deer I shoot are “heavy” ) but you never know.
Well, so far I’m very happy with it and thought some of you may be interested. Here are some pictures. It slides into your receiver and sits out far enough to put your tailgate down. After hoisting the deer with the gambrel that comes with it, you can skin, dress, and then swivel the hoist around to put the critter in the back of your truck. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds and was on sale before Christmas for $80 -$90 from the Sportsmans Guide.

·
Registered
75 Posts
how about mounting on the other side and brace from the opposite side as well . That would or could double to get a w/c bound person on a boat possibly .I have something kinda sorta that i used to get on a boat mine would rotate . Lazy no still doing yes sir re.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Last deer I shot I had to flag another hunter for some help. That deer would still be lying there if I had to do it by myself.

About the same time (10 yrs ago) my son shot one(w/ 357 at about 40 yrds) and called for help. All I had home at the time was a sedan. We got it in the trunk but it was a load for the two of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts