Electro - Less Nickleing,

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

TYRVR
    (4/27/01 5:56:56 pm)
    Reply Electro-less Nickleing,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any suggestions for having A slide, frame and M.S. housing done in the Southeastern U.S.? I traded into A Custom Shop Commander, and after I test it this weekend, and feel comfortable carrying it, I am going to finally plate My old Compadre, He deserves it, two frames, four Bbl.s, numerous other small parts, later, and perhaps six re-blues, and at least two Parkerizations, I'm going to treat the best friend I've ever had to A "New Suit" almost all the lettering is gone, and strangly enough, all that can be seen of the Rampant Colt emblem on the side of the slide, is His Fanny, Poetic Huh. If You have had personal expierience with people in the Plating Bus. and have no qualms in suggesting I use them, I would appreciate Your input,

Edited by: TYRVR at: 4/27/01 6:57:36 pm

Xracer
    (4/27/01 7:26:17 pm)
    Reply Re: Electro-less Nickleing,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you really want to cover up a nice piece of tail?

TYRVR
    (4/27/01 9:34:31 pm)
    Not cover up, just enhance and accent,

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/27/01 11:20:15 pm)
    Tye, try Accurate Plating and Weaponry. Also Checkmate Custom Gun Refinishing. Both are in Fl. and have fast turnaround. On the left coast is TechPlate. (www.techplate.com). I've never used them but I saw an example of their work and it looked good.