Electronic Scales

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

boondocker6
    (12/25/02 8:31:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Electronic Scales
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok fellas My wife told me to get my scale and I was just looking for opinions on a decent scale. I heard some are to sensitive and finicky. Thanks Boon

armabill
    (12/25/02 9:06:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Electronic Scales
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Dillon and it is my first electronic scale. I just didn't like the beam type. Dillon is a little pricey but the warranty is great.

What makes have you considered?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/25/02 9:50:07 pm)
    See my answer in the GD forum "What did you get for Christmas?"
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Dry Powder
    (1/12/03 10:59:29 pm)
    I have the RCBS or (Pact), Love it, and I Use the auto powder dispencer also. Not the fastest syatem but accurate and fool proof. had them 3 years and no problems yet.

armabill
    (1/12/03 11:21:41 pm)
    Whichever one you get, an electronic scale is the way to go.

eapples
    (1/14/03 12:58:41 pm)
    I have an RCBS. I don't know if all electronic scales are as sensitive as this one. Every now and then I have to reset it. Otherwise, I think it works ok.

armabill
    (1/14/03 1:37:07 pm)
    I know that my Dillon electronic scale is way easier to use. I also think that any electronic scale is more accurate than the beam scale.

Resetting it is ok, this insures that it is right on the money.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/14/03 4:50:19 pm)
    My Lyman 1000 came with a calibration check weight. It is recommended (and I do) calibrate the scale every time it's turned on. If using for an extended period of time, I'll recheck the calibration during use.

I find the electronic scale to be much faster than a balance beam and, since I tend to measure each load for my rifle cartridges anyway, find it to be the most practical.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/14/03 5:08:34 pm)
    I'm with Dry powder on this. I love my RCBS powder pro with optional electronic dispenser.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/15/03 1:41:47 pm)
    I use the RCBS electronic and love it. Also have the RCBS balance beam that I used for 28 years before the electronic. Have not tried any others.

boondocker6
    (1/15/03 8:38:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del It came today

Well I came home from work and there it was on the dining table. So like a kid with a new toy down stairs I went. Set it all up and calibrated it. I weighed everything some of my fresh cast swc and powder charges. I am really pleased with the D-Terminator . It is so much faster to weight my bullets and checked out good against my beam scale. And it is color matched with my 550b. Thanks Guys. Boon

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/16/03 9:21:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: It came today
    And that color match is important...I can't stand it when my equipment isn't color coordinated

I got some spray paint.

Smoky the BLUE

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 10:02:15 am)
    Yeah Smoky.....but not everyone's into pink reloading equipment!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/16/03 3:37:13 pm)
    With ruffles and bows!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"