1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sidebyside
(2/23/02 8:58:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Enders Special Service
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could someone give me some information on a 12ga. Enders Special Service shotgun? My serches have given me a little history and not much else. I suspect it was manufactured by Crescent Firearms Company of Norwich Conn. It is in good condition minus the furniture. Value?

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(2/23/02 10:12:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Enders Special Service
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More specifically, Crescent-Davis, which allows us to date the shotgun c.1930-35 (the time period after Stevens acquisition of Crescent, its subsequent merger with Davis, but before the phasing out of brand-naming).

These shotguns were a trade-name of the famous EC Simmons hardware chain which was one of the country's largest from 1880-1939, when it was absorbed by Shapleigh's. Simmons is probably most famous for the "Keen-Kutter" brand, as well as other "KK" merchandise.

These shotguns are currently not widely collected. Only a few of us appreciate the diversity of the brand-naming and the picture of late 19th/early 20th century merchandising it provides. Value of your shotgun without the wood is minimal, strictly as parts, probably no more than $50-$75.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
*TFF Senior Staff*
(2/24/02 9:23:02 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Enders Special Service
And what did E.C. Simmons have for breakfast on April 17th, 1887?

Doc, you absolutely amaze me!

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(2/24/02 9:40:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Enders Special Service
He would have been 48 years old, and at the height of his hardware empire.

Had I been in his shoes, I would have had a Denver omelette with a strip steak.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(2/24/02 3:10:27 pm)
Welcome sidebyside

I think he had a bottle of Bob's Best and three eggs over easy with a large rare t-bone
We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Sidebyside
(2/28/02 12:15:58 am)
Thank's, AntiqueDr. I commend your expertise and appreciation of unique firearms.

Thank you's to Warpig883 for the welcome and Xracer for the good natured banter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts