Enfield Rifles

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/13/01 1:20:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Enfield Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Five or six years ago there was a butt load of No.4 Mk I and No.1 Mk III rifles on the market dirt cheap. I have noticed at the last few gunshows there are not that many around, and paging through Shotgun News this morning, there are not really many distributors with them. SOG has No. 1 MK III rifles for $87, and Springfield Sporters has No. 4 MK I rifles for $90.

Is anyone aware of any distributors with better deals on these? I have been getting a few inquiries from folks looking for them, and I may be looking to obtain a few to enhance my collection.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/13/01 3:15:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Enfield Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Taliban got`um all....
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 7:17:59 pm)
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Bob, Enfields are my next, if I'm not too late....

I prefer no1mkIIIs, but I see more 4s now...

Abernathy's has (had?) a pretty rough 4 for $65 I almost bought a couple of weeks ago...

And I REALLY need to get a Jungle Carbine before they go away, I've seen some ratty ones, but some sweet ones too...I may just see if I can trade the Astra for one if I find a nice one....

Let me know if you find some cheap MkIIIs....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 11/13/01 7:18:44 pm

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/13/01 7:52:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del shameless advertisement
    I'm looking for Lee-Metfords or early (long) Lee-Enfields.

bondai
    (11/13/01 7:59:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: shameless advertisement
    A Hillary sized Butt Load or a regular sized Butt Load....???

TallTLynn
    (11/13/01 8:44:26 pm)
    Bob, don't know of any distributors who might have them cheap. They show up at the gun shows around here - but lately far and few between.

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 9:43:58 pm)
    You know, there still has to be some third world countries that still issue them, that will sell them cheap, you think?

That empire WAS pretty durn big....

Are there any Martini-Henrys out there too?

And I wouldn't mind a Webley either....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/13/01 9:47:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del bondai: I will not degrade myself to answer you
    Unless, like, you really have one.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/13/01 9:49:24 pm)
    I sent off an order to SOG today for three of the No. 1 MK III rifles at $87 each. I am calling Springfield Sporters back tomorrow to dicker - today they said they were out of the three different arsenal marked No. 4 MK I rifles for sale at $90, but had some unmarked ones that had only serial numbers - I need to find out more details on those ---

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 9:57:08 pm)
    Geez, if you can buy THAT many rifles AFTER you lose your job, maybe I shouldn't be so worried about losing mine...

I had a 1918 Mk III years ago that I bought at a Sheriff's auction w/o a mag for $35 (1982?)(Remember when they sold GUNS at Sheriffs auctions? The good old days...) and then IMMEDIATELY sold it for $100 and laughed all the way to the bank...

Now I wish to hell I'da kept it....

I want another...real bad. But like I said, the No.4s seem to be more plentiful anymore, but for some reason I prefer MkIIIs.

WyomingSwede
    (11/14/01 1:05:51 pm)
    I havent seen a lot of enfields at the shows either. I picked up a couple hacked (sporterized) ones a few years ago...both shoot decent...my son still uses his. I would love to get an original for my wall with bayonet of course.
    I have seen the ads for Gibbs rifle co...refurbished smle's. Does not seem like a bad price. Has anyone any experiences with any of them.??? I like the 45-70 or the all nickel .308.
    will probably end up waiting till after the holidays to investigate further. regards swede

Wyoming Swede

Bob In St Louis
    (11/14/01 9:22:35 pm)
    Springfield Sporters, No. 4 Mk I rifles, not marked to manufacturer, just serial number. Bores in excellent condition, overall exterior rates good. They are priced at $90, no price breaks for multiple purchases. HHHmmm - SOG is advertising them at $139, good to very good, and don't mention manufacturer's markings. Navy Arms has them $139 and up. Guess I may have to try the Springfield Sporters - I will give a report back when they arrive.