The Firearms Forum banner

Engraved Henry Golden Boy

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Alpo 
#1 ·
I have a Special Engraved Golden Boy that i won 8yrs ago. It was a tribute to the "moving" veterans Memorial Wall. Engraved on side 1 of the receiver is "THE MOVING WALL" encased in a Triangular shape (resembling the wall). Right below the triangular shape is "VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL" Below that is the dates JULY 20-24, 2004. Side #2 engraved "AMERICAN LEGION POST 423, HOUSTON MINNESOTA". On the bottom of the receiver 1/4 is engraved. The gun has never been fired, still has original Henry hanging tag. There is one very small scratch on tip of forearm. Overall the gun is near mint. Is this just a regular henry or does it hold any extra value?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't believe it holds any extra value, except perhaps to a member of your American Legion Post. As a rule, commerative guns are not considered good investments. They must remain unfired and in mint condition to retain their value and that limits their collectibility. Given the rather poor wood to metal fit, yours looks like an off-the-shelf gun with a simple engraving. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot it, but others may have different opinions.

#6 ·
Hawg, I'm thinking that's the flash doing that. In the first pic, of the buttstock, and you can just see the receiver at the wrist, on the edge of the picture, and it appears yellow.

But I agree with Buffalochip. Regular rifle that your American Legion post had engraved. No extra value, and unless you are a Legion member, would actually devalue it.

Shoot it.

#7 ·
Honestly i was some what hoping to hear that. Ive wanted to shoot this gun since day one. It was like waving candy in front of a toddler. The only down side is, ive waited eight years before i really ever asked anybody about it. Id much rather enjoy it for what it really is and pass it down some day to my kids.
Thanks every one

#10 ·
Bud's Gun Shop is advertsing new ones for 391 dollars with free shipping.

Used (and even if it's never been fired, like a car, pre-owned is "used"), maybe 200 (if you're lucky) at a gun shop. Maybe 300 private sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.