Escodin Model 1924 Revolver

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/23/02 11:14:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Escodin Model 1924 Revolver
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The period following WWI was a prolific time for the firearms manufacturers in the Eibar region. One revolver format called the Model 1924 was based on the Smith & Wesson design, and produced by several manufacturers. Escodin was one of these manufacturers. Typically, they were chambered and labeled for 32 W.C.F., or 32-20 (seen them marked both ways). The typical blued Escodin in very good to excellent condition will run $100 on the market to the right collector. Escodin also produced some highly engraved and plated versions of this pistol, which in very good to excellent condition will fetch $175 to $225 from the right collector.

Now, why am I bringing this up? If someone who visits Brand X would let BlueTic know, I would appreciate it.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

2. RF4guy

RF4guy New Member

have a Manuel Escodin revolver in .38 special. A good looking, solid gun, but when the hammer is not cocked, the firing pin protrudes through the hole in the frame and prevents the cylinder from turning when its loaded. Is there a spring that normally prevents this from happening and that only lets the firing pin impact the primer when the trigger is pulled and the hammer falls? I know my description isn't the best, but I think you guys probably know what I'm talking about.

I know these guns aren't well thought of, and parts are scarce, but is anyone familiar enough to tell me what might be a suitable replacement spring? If my assessment is correct of course. Externally, the gun is a S&W copy, but I've read that internally they are more like a Colt. Any ideas?

I suspect the predominant answer will be "Nice wall hanger"...remove firing pin completely and make it a decoration. I have no intentions of firing this gun much at all, but I still like to have any gun I own to be serviceable.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome back to the Forum RF4guy!

You seem to have found a really OLD thread, this one is 12 years old.

4. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Most revolver firing pin return springs are of a coiled wire type. The wire is often rather thin. Sometimes these springs can be pulled back into shape after you remove the firing pin and the old spring. But if it's broken you can make a new one by winding thin spring wire around a thick nail then cut to size. Sometimes, you can find the right size coil spring in a hardware store assortment but most of them will be too strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.