estimated values

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by oldplane, Apr 18, 2009.

1. oldplane

oldplane New Member

Hi, I am new here and posting from South Africa. The new firearm control act here is causing havoc amongst a lot of firearm owners.......I have a fair collection and have been advised that even with dedicated Hunter status I may have to hand in or dispose of some of my firearms.
    I am keen to know if there is any overseas market or value to certain weapons such as
    Jusuf G Landmann .22 semi auto rifle
    Harrington & Richardson 1908 12 bore
    Obendorf Mauser9x362

I would not like to see these weapons destroyed and would appreciate any answers or advice..........

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I can only tell you that disposing of any of your firearms to an American buyer is practically out of the question. It would require going through an involved and lengthy (up to one year) process of importation into the United States, not to mention that a significant expense would be incurred.

3. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

I had a friend there and this is how he solved that problem... move to New Zealand.
    And have a cup of rooibos for me.;)