The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I delivered fuel oil for cash in the hood.
I ran a cash business [recycling/scrap] in Newark NJ AKA "The Car Jacking Capital of the USA".

I'll take the 5th ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was close enough to get the heal of my hand pinched when the slide closed & I got powder burns up my forearm. But it wasn't pointed at me so I don't know if you call that being shot at or not.
Let's just say the guy will never own a gun again, hopefully never get a chance to shoot one ether.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Shot towards by my best friend with a .22 pistol while I was checking the 100-yd target - we've both since improved greatly with firearms.

Shot at in Iraq, multiple occasions. Shot back on a few as well.

And yes, actually shot. In the inner upper right leg. With a .22 that had ricocheted up from our driveway. After the neighbor's kid shot through their 3D archery target. Left a welt, but no penetration thank God.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Got splattered with shot one time out bird hunting. But when I was stationed in Germany, it was a first of it's kind mobile radar unit, deployed world wide set up and running in 72 hrs from recall. had to take field training for it and we were out protecting a field office, actually a 16 man tent! I was close to the tent and burryed in on guard duty. Roving SAT team ran into the training unit not to far off and they didn't tell us but the trainers came in firing blanks. Scared the h*ll out of all of us. I found then that to be motivated by gun fire you don't really need to be hit, just believe someone is actually shooting at you!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Long ago when I was about 18 I was out shooting with an 'acquaintance' and a deer jumped between me and him at a short distance and I couldn't believe what he did - he began to shoot at the deer with a semi auto .22 and one bullet hit the ground to one side of me and another to my other side. He kept shooting and finally hit the deer (yes it was out of season).

Needless to say I was shocked beyond belief told him to get in my pickup now or be left in the woods, drove him home and never saw him again.

·
Premium Member
20,117 Posts
I forgot about this one. At my gun club, our skeet field faced #6 trap field. The skeet field has signs posted requiring #9 shot. My trap team was on trap 6 and we were peppered with lead from the skeet field. Some guy was shooting 7 1/2 shot and it was getting to us. It was raining lead right on us. No one was hurt but we were all pretty upset. Turns out the guy was a guest and shouldn't have been allowed to shoot skeet. It's for full members only. He was told to leave and was fully bared from the club never allowed to return.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts