The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the day off. brutally cold out so this is the result of my cabin fever. used a 3/4 in forstner bit for the penny. 11/16 works for a dime. thought it dressed the old plain grips up a tad.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice work and great idea!

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
We have long winter nights here in Alaska, so I find all sorts of projects to tinker with. Did exactly what you did to my Vaquero's Eagle Black Polymer Gunfighter checkered grips. Once the inletting was done, I popped the Ruger medalions from an old set of grips I had in my parts box, then epoxied them into the Eagle grips. The Vaquero's a 7.5" .45 Colt, Blue with faux casehardened frame, and she looks great. Your's looks absolutely outstanding!

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
That's amazing work. I'd be to afraid to try something like that.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the other side done. wanted to include a flying eagle sent on it. I am thinking about doing a set with mexican centavos. that have the eagle biting the snake. that would be cool on a vaquero too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Uh, Oh, got some competition now.
Fleetwood1976 now that looks really well done. You need to do more of it, there is a good market for inlays and such.
Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks woodnut, I appreciate the compliment, but I would be scared to try to please someone else for hire. Its like auto mechanics, I fix my cars but don't want to be resposible for anyone elses.
I would like to try to dress up the companion 44-40 rossi lever in stainless too. not like your devaluing an antique winchester or nothing.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Fleetwood, those grips turned out really nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts