Ever seen anything you couldn't explain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Jan 22, 2018.

1. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

That's probly that big triangle shaped dirigible Goodyear is working on.

shootbrownelk, carver and joe45c like this.
  2. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

Weird sighting, but probably explainable.
    A two engine jet at night with afterburners lit can look like that

3. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

You know it's quality shine when in the glass bottle it's as clear as fresh spring water and there's a tornado of swirling bubbles! My Great-Grandfather had a great skill!! My Grandfather would dig some up every-once-in-awhile!

4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Friends of mine and I were just wrapping up a game of baseball when we saw something that defied explanation - leastways to us 12 or 13 year olds in Flushing NY back around 1955. It was getting dark, we were gathering up equipment, when we spotted an extremely bright single light low on the western horizon. Our neighborhood was close to LaGuardia Airport, so it didn't seem unusual at first. We watched it for at least five minutes as it grew closer until it was seemingly directly overhead, at which point it made a perfect right angle change of direction and shot off beyond the northern horizon in a fraction of a second. Mentioned it to my dad that night - he was an Air Traffic Controller at LaG, and asked if he had any idea what it might have been. He just smiled, shook his head, and mentioned something about having a binder at work containing all sorts of UFO sighting reports.

5. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

If she's covered in tats she's no longer beautiful.

About 5 AM one November morning in 1974 I saw about the same thing in a small Mississippi town only there were six of them in a loose formation and they went from horizon to horizon in about 15 or 20 seconds. Scared the crap out of me. I had been going squirrel hunting but that changed my mind. I got braver during the day and decided to try again the next morning. They came back only this time when they got almost directly overhead they all made a right angle turn and headed south. I didn't try to go squirrel hunting any more that year. A few days later the Meridian Star had a story where a farmer had witnessed the same thing at about the same time.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    ms6852, crystalphoto, carver and 5 others like this.
  6. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg There is strange lights almost every night around Las Vegas.Here's just one example from across the street.It's no star or planet or aircraft because there is no blue green red flashing or position lights.What is it I don't know.I show the wife and she doesn't care.Ya,it moves around to!
    So I took a picture with my I-pad,whatever!
    P.S.Just Google strange lights above Las Vegas and see how many Youtubes there are.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. 68c15

68c15 TFFWPP President Supporting Member

About 3 years before the truth came out. He was sharing old pic of her boys from first husband with his boyfriends. Yeah. And they're still together. He knows to not even dream of looking at me with googly eyes

8. tedwitt

tedwitt 440 Supporting Member

Remember, you are in crazy city.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Man... That's exactly what I was trying to convey in my OP... These things were MOVING and just overhead too... If it had been some jet or something, you'd expect to have the paint peel off the hood of your truck... I don't remember hearing any noise from these things and they were in and out in mere seconds.

shootbrownelk, joe45c and tedwitt like this.
  10. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

I saw something like that over Tucson one night. Local news reported it as Space X a few days later.

shootbrownelk and The_Rifleman like this.
  11. Godzilla187

Godzilla187 New Member

The following movies:

-Salo
    -Frankenstein's Army

How can humans make such ultimately disturbing movies and call them entertainment?

Tip: DON'T WATCH SALO UNLESS YOU HAVE A STRONG STOMACH AND DON'T MIND HAVING NIGHTMARES FOR YEARS TO COME (to this day, it's still banned in multiple countries)!

12. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Nope. I always knew the reason. The past is the past.

13. Ksman75

Ksman75 Well-Known Member

People in SoCal were freaking back in the early and mid 80's. Seems the AF and Navy were firing the ALCM from China Lake to (I believe) San Clemente Island for testing. Folks had no idea what they were seeing, but they were low and fast.

People are also awed when they launch missiles from Vandenberg. Given the right time of day, and atmospherics, it is indeed a beautiful and mysterious display of colors.

Courtesy of http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/Rocket_Launches_Caught_on_Film_American_01.html

20050922_rocket_launch_corkscrew_6305.jpg 20050922_rocket_launch_stage1_2_02.jpg 20050922_rocket_launch_last_plume.jpg

Courtesy of http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/science/sd-me-rocket-launch-20171222-story.html
    20050922_rocket_launch_corkscrew_6305.jpg 20050922_rocket_launch_stage1_2_02.jpg 20050922_rocket_launch_last_plume.jpg sd-pg-rocket-launch-over-sd--007.jpg sd-pg-rocket-launch-over-sd--008.jpg sd-pg-rocket-launch-over-sd--006.jpg sd-pg-rocket-launch-over-sd--007.jpg

14. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

Nancy Pelosi?

shootbrownelk and gdmoody like this.
  15. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.