The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
12,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just taking a trip down memory lane, and wondered if anyone here is old enough to remember ATTD's (ATF's predecessor) ruling against long guns that even resembled a Thompson SMG? All the recent talk of grips, folding stocks etc. ad nauseum brought to mind a retro-fit kit that someone (probably Numrich) once offered for the Armalite AR-7 .22 rifle. The kit consisted of a wood foregrip, wood pistol grip/buttstock, and an extended mag - I seem to recall it was 15 rounds and didn't work too well. ATTD had a cow over this one, but eventually reversed their ruling. Ring any bells?

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Was just taking a trip down memory lane, and wondered if anyone here is old enough to remember ATTD's (ATF's predecessor) ruling against long guns that even resembled a Thompson SMG? All the recent talk of grips, folding stocks etc. ad nauseum brought to mind a retro-fit kit that someone (probably Numrich) once offered for the Armalite AR-7 .22 rifle. The kit consisted of a wood foregrip, wood pistol grip/buttstock, and an extended mag - I seem to recall it was 15 rounds and didn't work too well. ATTD had a cow over this one, but eventually reversed their ruling. Ring any bells?
If you are saying it's the same old thing...it's not.

There are over 1000 anti-gun bills, laws and restrictions being considered right now in this country. They don't care about how it looks, that's just to scare the dumb. The commies want our guns PERIOD.

· Premium Member
12,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are saying it's the same old thing...it's not.

There are over 1000 anti-gun bills, laws and restrictions being considered right now in this country. They don't care about how it looks, that's just to scare the dumb. The commies want our guns PERIOD.
Nope, not saying it's the same thing. It's just that the loons have been pulling this for an awful long time, so we must be constantly vigilant.

· Registered
396 Posts
Never heard of the ATTD?
I recall when the ATF was the BATF however I am only 60. I recall the AWB of 1994. Prior to the federal back ground checks (NICS) that started in the late 90's each State did it their own way. Back then the PC just came out and data bases on computers where not that extensive. Evcerything was paper and typewriters.

· Premium Member
12,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never heard of the ATTD?
I recall when the ATF was the BATF however I am only 60. I recall the AWB of 1994. Prior to the federal back ground checks (NICS) that started in the late 90's each State did it their own way. Back then the PC just came out and data bases on computers where not that extensive. Evcerything was paper and typewriters.
Created in the early '50s, ATTD was the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax Division of the Internal Revenue Service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.