Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a old Excel 20 gauge single shot shotgun with serial number on lower tang behind trigger guard 24989XF. Would anyone happen to know the manufacturer n year produced? Are there spare parts for these shotguns available? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Thirdwave, from the tone of your post it sounds like you have one of the old Excels sold under the Wards name in the 1930's. If so, then your first problem is to determine just who made your gun. As stated, Excel was a trade name used by Wards , as with all retailers who used trade names at the time, they did not just use one maker as Sears did when they had a line of guns on the shelves. Wards contracted with who ever had the best or lowest price. The Excel name was used . Iver Johnson, Crescent, Daviw Warner, and at the very last of Crescents life after Stevens purchased Crescent, they full filed Crescents existing contract with guns built in Stevens factory. So, the first question you have to answer is " which shotgun do I have ". Good Luck in your quest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks RJay, I was hoping someone could tell by the serial number I posted, I read on here that if the serial number is located on the tang behind the trigger guard then it was a Crescent Arms Company but not sure about that either. Thanks again for replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.