The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am elated! Had to make a quick trip down to the range this morning so my cousin could get in the first shots with a new Ruger LCP and the Sneaky Pete holster he just purchased.

I had to take something along to shoot for my self and decided to take the K-38 Target Master I picked up last year. I haven't shot it a lot but enough to get the sights set right.

That revolver is SWEET and will be a keeper. I was shooting my reloads of 158gr. Laser Cast SWC on top of 2.8gr. of Bullseye at 1.475 col.

That gun is 57 years old and I am 74 years old and we came together today for some big smiles on my face. I was even able to call those bad shots so more practice is needed. I was shooting seated but unsupported in what we call the Old Guy's Seated Shooting Position (OGSSP), ha.

Please excuse me but this was a great day and there were several similar targets but sadly none had them all in the ten ring. So there will always be tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,963 Posts
Very nice shooting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
nice shooting todd51 very nice and I recognize the laser cast bullet from organ trail . I use 250 grain RN from laser cast organ trail. they make a great bullet with no mess and no microscopic lead floating around to be in hailed into the body . shoot well

bigdad5

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
With no rest or bench rest, MAN that's some FINE shooting!!!!!!!!!!
I'll take that back, That's some excellent shooting!

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, that right there is some good shooting!

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I was so excited after shooting the .38spl. that when it came time for the mandatory draw and fire of the concealed carry gun I forgot to switch out the mags first and before I knew what happened I had sent eight Critical Defense rounds into the silhouette. Ouch there went eight bucks, ha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.