The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... I just gave away my reloading stuff to family member. & just realized I still have 44lb of once fired brass. Lots of .233/.556 & bunch of 9mm & .45apc, & some others, Is there a market for this? Will scrap yards take it or is it worth more as ammo? I never used the reload stuff, that's why I gave it away.

·
Super Moderator
28,058 Posts
Hi Guys... I just gave away my reloading stuff to family member. & just realized I still have 44lb of once fired brass. Lots of .233/.556 & bunch of 9mm & .45apc, & some others, Is there a market for this? Will scrap yards take it or is it worth more as ammo? I never used the reload stuff, that's why I gave it away.
Yes. Reloaders will by it.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
.223 generally sells for $40 per thousand right now, plus shipping. 9mm is plentiful but you can still get around $17 per thousand plus shipping. Those are the two calibers that I buy, others might chime in with prices for other calibers.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Some metal salvage companies will take brass cases but they must not have live primer in them. It is relatively valuable as a salvage metal. My daughter saves all of her husbands brass and sells it to a metal salvager. She gets a pretty penny for it.

LDBennett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts