The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to CCW. I now carry everywhere I go. My EDC is a .40 S&W 9+1. I do have an extended magazine that would give me 14+1, but, I really don't like it for carry. I have extra mags. I keep a box of defensive ammo in my glovebox, as well. Do most of you carry an extra magazine with you? Do you carry more than one?

· Registered
19,358 Posts
i have a about 3 carry guns I go between. all have regular and extended mags. 2 of them I can only 'carry' then with the regular mags. the thirs is setup good enough that the extended mag is doable.

I have a spare mag or 2 for each of them in my vehicle. for the 2 without the extended mag in for carry.. the extended mag is the spare I have. IE.. if I exhaust the main mag and needed backup.. carry is no more issue.. so extended is fine.

2 of them I have a single extra mag for.. the 3rd I have 3 extra.. just because I had it longer....

· Registered
293 Posts
My carry weapon is a Glock 22 .40S&W. I do not carry with one in the pipe but I do carry with a hi-cap and I also carry a spare hi-cap. That's 28 rounds because getting that 15th round in a Glock Hi-cap is like trying to nail jello to a tree. Darn near impossible.

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts
I carry a 1911A with two spare mags almost all the time, and a BUG in .38. Sometimes when I'm just going to the little country store, for bread, and milk, I carry a Bull Dog in .44 with one, or two, speed strips.

· Premium Member
10,323 Posts
I carry a Glock 17 with one in the pipe in a locking I-Tac defense paddle holster on the right side, and on the left side a belt holster with two spare mag's loaded with the full 17 rounds each. That's 52 rounds, which should get me home safe from anywhere I visit -
When it is finished, I will swap the I-Tac holster for a Crossbreed IWB holster, which will be an easier conceal with summer wear. I am not concerned about exposing the mag's; the anti-gun nuts that would cause a scene when seeing a weapon have no idea what a magazine looks like anyway -

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts
In the heat of summer I use the Smart Carry System; http://www.smartcarry.com/ I'm usually in Basket Ball type shorts, ball cap, T shirt, and flip flops. The spare mag I carry with this holster is a 10 round mag.

· Banned
5,425 Posts
Interesting holsters Carver. Thanks for that link.

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts
Interesting holsters Carver. Thanks for that link.
I've been using this holster for 7 or 8 years now, and it's about worn out, might be buying another one soon. Can't get to the gun when buckled in the car, but I solved that by removing the pistol, and placing it under my thigh. Not hard to get to sitting in a chair, or booth. The T shirt, and table, covers your movements when reaching for the pistol at the table. It's not all that fast for the draw, but not slower by much. Some folks just can't stand the thought of having the pistol that close to private parts, but I know a cocked-n-locked .45 can't go off by it's self. I bought the large one with the secret pocket in the back. If I want to carry a smaller gun, I just put a large safety pin thru the material at the approiate depth.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Yea, the original is thunderwear...http://thunderwear.com/ I have had for years and they are cheaper, but those are just as good....I always carry extra mags and sometimes a bug gun...have for 30 yrs...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.