Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

F.B. Radom VIS Mod. 35 9mm

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kiloalphajuliett, Aug 8, 2020.

1. kiloalphajuliett

kiloalphajuliett Member

I recently inherited this vintage beauty and need help determining its value. When I search "vis 45" online I see some as low as 500, and some as high as 2000. Also, I'd like to find the value of this holster, too. Of all the guns I inherited, this isn't a sentimental piece that was meant to hold onto, so I'll be selling both. I'd really appreciate some help on determining when the Radom was made, and the value of both the gun and holster.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      314.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      340.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      272.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      184.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      199.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      299.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      301.9 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      248.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    shootbrownelk likes this.
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I believe I see a stamp in photo #5 that indicates the pistol was manufactured during Nazi occupation. The date on the holster indicates 1944 as the year that it was made. Many French, Belgian and Polish arms were made (under occupation) for the Wehrmacht as "alternate standard issue" arms.

The Radom is a very well made and reliable pistol. I cannot help you with the current value, but collectors seem to like these occupation made weapons. $500 for just a shooter would seem to be a fair price, but your's is in great condition with an original holster. If I had to take a SWAG, I'd say at least $750 if you find the right buyer, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for $2000. I am old enough to remember when you could buy these for $50...

sharps4590 likes this.

3. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One of the non-auction C&R sites I visit has an early wartime ('39-'41) production Radom Vis 35 in exc. condition @ $1795.

4. kiloalphajuliett

kiloalphajuliett Member

Wow, $50 lol. Thanks for the input Jim! I think this one is from ‘43, but I’m trying to pinpoint it.

Yeah I’ve seen prices high and low, so I’m trying to figure out what to price it at. I’m pretty positive this is a ‘43 model from what research I’ve done.

I was hoping a Radom expert would spot this and help me out lol.

5. Pawpaw40

Pawpaw40 Well-Known Member

Couple of years ago the American Rifleman had an article on the Radom WWII issue 9mm pistol. I'll see if I can dig the article up.

kiloalphajuliett likes this.
  6. kiloalphajuliett

kiloalphajuliett Member

Thanks much. I’ll take a look for it too.

7. jmace57

jmace57 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing fairly crummy shooter-grades sell for $450-$500 easy. If that is original blue, I'll bet that one is at least $800. The holster almost looks like a repop, but if original, add another $150 or so.

Detroit-1 likes this.