The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I just bought this little pistol for my wife. It's a nifty little .25. For all of you who happily bash this little semi-auto and call it crap, I have some interesting news for you. First of all, the frame is not some pot metal garbage. It is actually a steel frame. All the rest of the parts with the exception of the trigger and magazine catch appear to be decent steel also. The trigger and mag catch are pot metal - some alloy of some kind that's chromed. As for everything else, it's quality.

These little semi-autos were made by Tanfoglio Giuseppe in Italy. Interestingly enough, they are amazingly simple in design. I have counted a total of 31 parts to the entire pistol (excluding the magazine) and that includes the grips.

This is such a nice little pistol that I will try to find another one so that we have one as spare parts.

Takedown of this pistol is so simple a monkey could be trained to do it.

So, before you all go bashing them, realize that they aren't crap. F.I.E was not a manufacturer of guns. They were an import / export business. What they imported they put their name on. Guns they imported came from different companies where they had purchase agreements. Some of the guns they imported were definitely cheap quality - not this little .25 though. The Phoenix .25's are truly crap compared to the metal I find in this little Titan. I had a Phoenix years ago and I well remember it and would prefer to forget it.

There was a Titan II they imported - that may have been cheaper quality. My understanding is that they didn't have the 'made in Italy' stamped on them. They also have more parts so they may very well have come from a different manufacturer than Tanfoglio Giuseppe.

I have just finished the preliminary cleaning of this little pistol and ordered some purple grips for it for my wife. I will continue removing the rest of the old finish from the slide and barrel and then I will re-blue them. I have a shotgun coming that I will be restoring and I need to re-blue the barrel of that also, so, I will re-blue my babe's little .25 at the same time :) I'll post pics here later or in another forum topic with the before and after of the restoration.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know of this - I may just buy it as spares and for the mag. That is the original 'Made in Italy' Titan .25 - these really are nicely made little pistols and it will be easy enough for my wife to learn to shoot and to practice with. She's excited about it - not bad for a woman turning 50 this year and who always hated guns all her life (until now) :)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The Tanfoglios were good little guns. Fit/finish left something to be desired, but they were all steel. (Your chromed parts are steel.)
If your wife likes the Titan, she would love a Beretta 950 Jetfire. These are possibly the best .25s ever made.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I even carry a titan tiger 25 from time to time, very concealable. People make fun of them, but noone ever takes me up on my offer to shoot them with it, being so worthless and all. I have even offered to let them go out 25 yards and they wouldn't let me shoot them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts