The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Grandpa's treasures and I know nothing about it. Can I get some info on this as there is not much available on the web. What caliber, date built, origin etc.....and most of all, WHATS IT WORTH ? Thanks in advance for any input you might have. I'm going to attempt to download some pictures. IMG_1278.jpg IMG_1279.jpg IMG_1280.jpg IMG_1281.jpg IMG_1282.jpg

·
Registered
894 Posts
Browning Hi-Power. Looks to be in very good condition. 95% sure it's a 9mm. The magazine may have the caliber stamped on it. Worth every bit of $750...maybe more with that holster. Nice handgun.

Just noticed dome interesting stamping. Might add to the value.

Edit:

·
Registered
17,004 Posts
No question in my mind that is a 9 mm.

It's got an internal extractor, which means it's pre 1963. Then there's that divot on the right side for assisting in the takedown. I believe they quit putting that on it after the war.

In 63 they hadn't invented the 40 Smith Wesson yet.

There is a slight chance that it's a 30 Luger. I once knew a fella in Maryland that had one, but he said he never shot it, and he wouldn't sell it to me. :(

But I'd say it's probably a 99% chance it's 9 mm.

I just blew the picture up. There's a Nazi acceptance stamp on the left side just in front of the cocking striations.

That should add to the value a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts