The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Grandpa's treasures and I know nothing about it. Can I get some info on this as there is not much available on the web. What caliber, date built, origin etc.....and most of all, WHATS IT WORTH ? Thanks in advance for any input you might have. I'm going to attempt to download some pictures. Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol Helmet Personal protective equipment Font Hand Artifact Leather Handgun holster Table Satchel Belt Brown Leather Wallet

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Browning Hi-Power. Looks to be in very good condition. 95% sure it's a 9mm. The magazine may have the caliber stamped on it. Worth every bit of $750...maybe more with that holster. Nice handgun.

Just noticed dome interesting stamping. Might add to the value.

Edit:

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
No question in my mind that is a 9 mm.

It's got an internal extractor, which means it's pre 1963. Then there's that divot on the right side for assisting in the takedown. I believe they quit putting that on it after the war.

In 63 they hadn't invented the 40 Smith Wesson yet.

There is a slight chance that it's a 30 Luger. I once knew a fella in Maryland that had one, but he said he never shot it, and he wouldn't sell it to me. :(

But I'd say it's probably a 99% chance it's 9 mm.

I just blew the picture up. There's a Nazi acceptance stamp on the left side just in front of the cocking striations.

That should add to the value a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts