Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Factory Engraved Colt Python

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Montana Shooter
    (3/27/02 11:05:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All COLT PYTHON 357
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a mint, never shot, Colt Python 357, totally engraved, 3 inch barrell. Would appreciate knowing its value. Thanks very much.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/28/02 5:56:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: COLT PYTHON 357
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was the engraving done by Colt, and if so what percentage of the revolver is covered?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Montana Shooter
    (3/28/02 9:03:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: COLT PYTHON 357
    Thanks - totally engraved by Colt...initials BNG appear under grip which may be the engraver's.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/28/02 9:27:17 am)
    Hello Montana Shooter and welcome to The Firearms Forum.
    It sounds like you have a very scare piece.
    No # before serial number will even bring more.

Out of curiousity... what do you think it's worth?

I'm sure with Antiquedr's knowledge, he will be able to narrow down a figure for you.

Montana Shooter
    (3/28/02 10:19:35 am)
    Thanks for your note - there are no letters before the numbers. It is said to be class "D" engraving. My wife bought it for me over twenty years ago from her cousin who is a collector. She is a good woman. Have no idea of value.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/28/02 10:32:05 am)
    You do in deed have a very scarce Colt specimen.

You may find this link interesting as well...

www.colt.com/colt/html/i2b1_documentserv.html

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/30/02 8:56:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: COLT PYTHON 357
    It would be worth more if engraved by A A White, but still a nice piece. Figure $1200-$1500, maybe a touch more if you still have any boxes or presentation cases it came in. Big plus for original Custom Shop work order.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!