1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Bob Munden was truly a gifted shooter, he will be missed!

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
He recently passed away.
WOW, I am saddened. I did not know that he passed away. I saw him shoot about 13 years ago. He was a great guy to talk with. He had a display with some of his Colts and after I got to know him I realized he was the real deal. What I remember most was it was right after 911 and we had a moment of silence and then he spoke briefly about 911. As he spoke he became choked up as with everybody else. Then he expressed his opinions of terorists and he got a big round of support. While watching the show in amazement everyone was kept laughing because he had a terrific sense of humor. He was a good American and IMO he is and was the best.

R.I.P. BOB.

·
Premium Member
19,873 Posts
That guy was assume. I have seen his video's and no one could top him.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
He was truely a gifted man, and will be missed by all.
Impossible Shots on the outdoor channel just isnt the same to me. I ALWAYS looked forward to watching Bob Munden do his majic.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry to hear Bob is no longer with us.

I've seen many videos of him in action and he was beyond amazing. Awesome, amazing, fantastic and other superlatives don't come close to his abilities.

Bob had abilities that were truly "One of a Kind" and set a standard that will probably never be reached again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
He was an excellent shooter when doing his own thing but I saw him shoot a Sass cowboy shoot once and he missed some easy targets and threw a tandrum like a little kid. I don't think he ever shot another one. Hank

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Bob Munden Was a badass with a sixgun. Ive talked with folks that knew the guy personally that said he could be a prick at times, but having folks doubt your abilities over the entire course of a lifetime can sour even the most jolly soul I suppose.

RIP Bob. May the good lord make you captain of the CBA shooters club in the sky

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Bob Munden Was a badass with a sixgun. Ive talked with folks that knew the guy personally that said he could be a prick at times, but having folks doubt your abilities over the entire course of a lifetime can sour even the most jolly soul I suppose.

Once when I had the chance to talk with Bob, he was really a pretty humble guy. So we were talking about how he angled and notched the cylinder stops so the gun would perform better and that's when some guy butted in and began challenging Bob's knowledge. Holy smokes, Bob went from humble guy to biggest jerk and the guy found out real quick that Bob was not a blow hard. Bob Munden knew his stuff.

Bob also spoke about his beliefe in God. I am sure he is in heaven.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts

Not only that, but it would be difficult to compete in competition shooting with a reputation like his because everyone is your worst judge.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just like in the movies, there are always kids coming around trying to make a name for themselves by taking out the king.

I am sure everywhere he went, Bob was constantly being told he wasn't that good...or prove it

·
Banned
701 Posts
Are you effing kidding me!?

We all know he was the best. Accuracy and speed wise. Never the less. I believe the camera man has bigger balls yet, no matter who it is shooting in your direction.

I wouldn't do it. No matter who was behind the trigger.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There will never be another Bob Munden. I would tune into the History Channel (?) and stay glued to the TV set. I can't remember the name of the guy that shot the bow, but he is every bit as impressive!

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Just found out that there is a cowboy action shooter nearby.He must be good as he placed 2nd in a competition in OR recently. Talked to him about Munden and he named a guy that was just as good who is now training a "new gun" who is even more impressive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I remember seeing Arvo Ojala way back when I was a kid. He was the guy that drew against Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke. In real life, he was simply amazing, Bob seems to be of the same cut. RIP Bob.

·
Banned
772 Posts
One of the legendary shooters and coaches is Thell Reed. Reed is the number one firearms coach in Hollywood. He has been a national champion shooter and member of the USMC.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
One of the legendary shooters and coaches is Thell Reed. Reed is the number one firearms coach in Hollywood. He has been a national champion shooter and member of the USMC.
Thell was already fantastic by the time he was sixteen!!

Six gun or 1911......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts